Re: Direct team swap is terrible

by agentevil007

Original Post

Direct team swap is terrible

★ Guide

I've joined several multiplayer games that the player skill is terribly unbalanced! 

What's worse? After the match the game simply swap the team of plant and the team of zombie, which means that the skill gap still remains the same.

I really hope that after each match the game can reassign every player in respect of their player skill. Of course if the players are in the same party they can remain in the same team, but I'm tired of being assigned into a team that have no strength to fight back and lose the first stage of the turf takeover.

Message 1 of 39 (1,250 Views)

★ Expert

Yes maybe it's because the skill gap is still huge but I've never seen so many lopsided 50-10 beatings in my life.  I noticed people swap to winning team or quit losing team regularly as well which doesn't help...they've done nothing for balancing since GW1 and GW2.

Message 2 of 39 (1,205 Views)

★ Guide

I also notice that people tends to switch to the winning team. Though it is quite reasonable, I mean no one wants to stay in the team that is being bullied. Which is why exactly they should do the balancing at the start of the match. I understand that they might have their concerns on limiting players to switch teams, but I'm only asking them to balance the teams at the start of the game. Take myself as an example, I also want to switch my team or leave the game if I'm threw into an underwhelming team, however if my team is still capable of fighting,  i really don't care if I'm on the losing team or the winning team. As long as there are still some fun left in the match, people might stop switching to the winning team that often. 

Message 3 of 39 (1,197 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've always said that PopCan should turn of this ability to switch teams once the game starts. That way, it prevents some lopsided numbers. 

Message 4 of 39 (1,152 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Agreed. They need to only allow team switching to the smaller team to balance it out. In TF2 on at least a couple of servers I played on, if one team got stomped they would scramble the teams and while not a perfect solution, it certainly helped. It would also automatically switch people when they died to the smaller team in an effort to keeps things as equal as possible.

I've heard the argument that it won't work here as the teams are different instead of the same characters in red or blue outfits, but it's far better than what can happen in these games. It does stink to be switched when you may be working to level a particular character, so again, auto-swap isn't the ideal solution but something needs to give.

Message 5 of 39 (1,135 Views)

★ Guide

The approach TF2 is taking certainly helps the smaller team, however I really dislike being switch to another team especially when I was fighting hard for the original team. And there are also other problems that you've already mentioned.

I really hope that they can start doing balancing at the start of the match, since it doesn't affect the match once it's started, and players won't be losing "forever" if they're on the smaller team. And by doing so the losing team player no longer has to leave the match and search for a different match, they can instead wait for the match end and start with a more balancing gameplay.

Message 6 of 39 (1,104 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If I could change one thing in this game, it would be the Team Swap option.

Message 7 of 39 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What approach would you try? Not allowing people to switch or something similar?

Message 8 of 39 (1,094 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm really not even sure why they allow people to switch if the other team already has more players on it. Players should, really, only be allowed to switch once both teams are around half-full and neither team has more than two players more than the other, and any new players should be immediately placed in the team with less players. imo

On top of that, I feel the teams should... mix up a bit more. Because right now it feels like I am stuck against some of the same people in a row, while I have the same people, instead of the players being randomly assigned every game (based on skill to even it out if possible). 

Message 9 of 39 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Guide

Another problem I have is that the crappy players tend to bail on the team if the other team is OP. When that happens, 2 to 4 players leave and nobody comes into the game to replace them. We can easily be outnumbered. Somehow they need to find a way to balance the team. CRAPPY players run......

Message 10 of 39 (1,042 Views)