Differentiating randoms + lil rant

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Re: Differentiating randoms + lil rant

Champion

The fundamental issue with playing with randoms is the sheer lack of communication to be honest,even unskilled players will do considerably better if they're properly organized....or at least operating on roughly the same page.

The percentage of apex players not using mics is bizzarely low for a teamwork based game. O.o

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 27 (331 Views)

★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag no mic? that's when you use the amazing ping system it has.

Won my fair share of games by only communicating through pings. I'm not much of a talker and find it odd to talk to randoms so I always stay mute but ping whenever I wanna communicate.
Message 12 of 27 (321 Views)

★ Guide
So wat do u suggest?? Just run into a fight with zero weapons, no armor or grenades?? Wat a dumb suggestion. usually i need to run through 6-7 buildings to find a single gun with more then 1 clip of ammo. How about dont engage until your team has at least a basic loadout? If u get attacked because u were too far from your team and alone, guess who has "no clue"... Stick with team, use a mic, dont engage alone and u will have a better time im sure. The WORST players are the marathon runners, they hog loot and rush alone die instantly and cry their team sucks, lol. Those guys are horrible, sometimes there are two and its like they are tryin to ditch the third guy, higgin all loot and rushing away to the next town before u can even find a single gun. In the end, if u dont use a mic u have zero right to say your team mates are the issue, ever. If u dont care why should they?
Message 13 of 27 (315 Views)

★★★★ Guide

After the start of season 2 all of my friends have quit Apex. They are not coming back. Some are on PUBG others Fortnite and some Black Ops 4. I have been playing straight random games for about 2 weeks now. It has been frustrating at times and rewarding at other times. I have found the bad thing for me in randoms is if I have a bad game it reflects that my skill level or game awareness is crap. Usually it is because my pitbull decided to jump in my lap while I was just targeting someone in the distance and popped a shot off over their head. More likely I just had a case of first person shooter jitters whichever the case I suck sometimes and will be the first to admit it. Playing pre-made allows for some forgiveness, but in randoms well you are only as good as the current game. 

Randoms are just that random, some good some bad but like all things on a curve the majority of players fall in the middle. The biggest problem is playstyle, there is no factor given when going into a lobby to get teammates that have your playstyle.  For me I play differently almost every game, if I have white shied and a p 2020 and a longbow or triple take I am going to be seen as a camper edge guarding the storm. Loadouts and gear will always direct how I play, I am simple that way. Now I have 2 teammates in this same scenario who have the good fortune of purple shield and kitted 301's or whatever they fancy, they push a squad and I am sniping I will not cower away I push with them and turn my sniper into the most brutal shotgun I can wield. I will probably go down, it happens. 

My point is everyone plays how they play, you can either adapt "your" play to theirs as much as you can or you can try to force "your" style on them. I have played with several randoms lately who had several thousand kills, some were good teammates some were bad. The worst thing you can do as a teammate in this game is run off with no pinging and expect your teammates to read your mind. My wife will attest to this, I CAN'T READ MINDS. 

I don't particularily enjoy the random games, but I have zero interest in finding a bunch of new people to play with on a game I might not be playing a month from now. Just my opinon on it, so I will random until I get burned out on all of the disconnects, jumping hopping players and just move on to something more relaxing. 

If any of you ever wind up playing with me let me apologize up front if I have a bad game. BTW on a side note I am not stealing anyone's kills just as they are not stealing mine,it is a team game right, trackers aside who gives a crap? I have a decent amount of kills already 1 or 4 more aren't going to make me a better player. 

Message 14 of 27 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I don't play ranked but then complain about bad randoms...Well jeez...Can't fathom why this would be happening...Maybe because anyone who has improved or WANTS to improve is only playing ranked grinding for the cosmetics and gear. Granted beginning of ranked til high plat/diamond will still be terrible players, but if you actually want to start getting some decent randoms ranked is the only place your going to encounter them. Yes there are still good players that play casuals for fun or just to warm up. But overall if you really want decent players you've got only two options (this is the same for every game) play ranked or pre-made. Play LoL casually you get monkeys trying weird stuff in the JG or in lanes. Play CSGO casually you get botters/hackers and new kids that couldn't afford the game before it went F2P. Overwatch?! lmao won't touch that one.

Overall nothing is different here, competitive games will ALWAYS favor a premade squad because you have players with the same mentality as you and working towards a similar goal. Playing casually or with randoms you'll encounter a bunch of people high or drunk just gaming out for funsies and don't care if you win or not (especially in casual since it has 0 effect at all) If there was a way to waste your life it would be to play this casually since you get nothing from it at all.

The only issues I have mostly now a days in ranked is just the campers. Luckily I'm D3 now and we (smart) which is a bit different than just hiding in a hole from the moment you drop. But those are annoying because you'll be mid firefight and they just run so they can wait on placements. Which I can't complain about because then I just make some food and watch a show until they die and get free points.

**Also for anyone that no longer has friends playing, I'll say this. It is a TERRIBLE idea to count on your IRL friends to stick with a game as long you plan to stick with it. Most likely people generally don't game as much as you (ME) and will give up on a game long ago because they are more casual players just looking for fun. The best place to find actual squads that will stick around longer is the Discord channel they have. You can get a squad of pretty chill good players within 30 seconds tops and get into winning. Most don't require that you even communicate as long as your decent and make basic call outs that'll be good enough.

Message 15 of 27 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@jumanjaydazed Lolz I’ve been in HS and uni too, those ppl have way more times on their hands than ppl know :P it’s not even break yet! Why play now and not months ago! :P and HS/uni don’t usually wake up at 6-9am to play :P

For all the other comments, thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts but basically I don’t care being put with randoms. I can even tolerate bad randoms once in a while. But with the millions of players, how can you get into 15 bad matches one after the other. It’s just maddening. Playing like 5 games after each other and you get like 15-20 kills in those matches while the combined kills of your teammates aren’t even 10 -_- it’s just shady as hell.
Message 16 of 27 (296 Views)

★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q 

Sounds like it's worse on console than on PC.   Shittae

Heart

Message 17 of 27 (281 Views)

★★ Pro

I think from now on if someone posts saying "ran through 7 buildings and couldnt find armor/weapon" without having a link to a recording of it, the forum should autofilter the sentence out and replace it with "Hyperbole is the BEST THING EVER!1!1!!elevendyone!11ZOMG!".

Message 18 of 27 (273 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@jumanjaydazed Lolz it really depends on time of day. If I play between 5-7am I randomly mostly (like 80%) people level 20 and below... and they act like level 20 and below so no duplicate account. During 10-2pm mostly 20-40 and after 2pm all kinds basically. But oh well.

@Anlbrd lolz my record is having ran through 5 buildings with no weapon. Last night it was amazing tho, landed in artillery, did the one artillery building (have no idea what such a building is called) on the left, from top to bottom, no and I mean no weapon xD. My teammates got chased out of the other one without securing a weapon so we were basically weaponless and running towards the small building at the top of artillery, 2/3 weapons in that small building XD.

I did however had a fully kitted weapon due to the no-weapon building having all kinds of attachments
Message 19 of 27 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Only maby every 30th game or something, maby less, i have teammates that do more or about equal dmg as me. And i cant see any correlation with people's levels.

And im just a decent player (900-1400 dmg on wins.)

Message 20 of 27 (257 Views)