Re: Difference in Original Mission from the Rest of Them?

by jpcerutti1

Original Post

Difference in Original Mission from the Rest of Them?

★★★ Pro

I have not replayed it enough times save for the original introduction mission but the original mission... rocked. As game, it amazed me.

1) Dialogue changes based on the choices you make within the mission. From the very first choice I make with Liam his response to me changes based on what I pick. I say lines on the planet based on what I said on the Ark. My dialogue shifts based on what I did or didn't do *in the mission* and not just acknowledging what I did at some major plot point.

2) The visuals even reflect this shift. It blew me away that there may or may not be a body on a table based on whether or not I rescued the guy within the mission... and the NPC's talk about it if it is there.

3) Your options, and dialogue, with Dad Ryder are different based on what you did or didn't do.

The only other place I have seen this level of individual tailoring within a mission was rescuing the Moshae. I ran through it with Jaal and Cora and the options and dialogue shifted within the mission based on what I said and did. Is this in many places within the game and I am missing it? What other missions should I replay again to see the variants (not outcomes, or clear plot choice results, but individual tailoring of missions)?

Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

I have not replayed it enough times save for the original introduction mission but the original mission... rocked. As game, it amazed me.

1) Dialogue changes based on the choices you make within the mission. From the very first choice I make with Liam his response to me changes based on what I pick. I say lines on the planet based on what I said on the Ark. My dialogue shifts based on what I did or didn't do *in the mission* and not just acknowledging what I did at some major plot point.

2) The visuals even reflect this shift. It blew me away that there may or may not be a body on a table based on whether or not I rescued the guy within the mission... and the NPC's talk about it if it is there.

3) Your options, and dialogue, with Dad Ryder are different based on what you did or didn't do.

The only other place I have seen this level of individual tailoring within a mission was rescuing the Moshae. I ran through it with Jaal and Cora and the options and dialogue shifted within the mission based on what I said and did. Is this in many places within the game and I am missing it? What other missions should I replay again to see the variants (not outcomes, or clear plot choice results, but individual tailoring of missions)?

almost none of the choices you make effect the game at all. if anything the choices you make will reflect on a future title but not in the current game. i have played the story 10 times now. no matter the choices it all ends almost the same way.

EDIT: this includes individual tailoring

Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

★★★ Pro

@iKillOrDieTryN wrote:

almost none of the choices you make effect the game at all. if anything the choices you make will reflect on a future title but not in the current game. i have played the story 10 times now. no matter the choices it all ends almost the same way.

EDIT: this includes individual tailoring

BUT that original mission has it - and I wish they all did because I really liked it. I am still hoping there are more bits of it there and I am missing them; that it is the new normal instead of quirk. They don't effect overall outcomes, but the mission feels like a tailored suit instead of off the rack.

That we both can do the same thing, to the same result, and have different experiences that are not just colored by our memory and thoughts, but actually *were* different experiences.

Message 3 of 3 (257 Views)