Re: Difference between duos & trios

by RevenanT-G7

Original Post

Difference between duos & trios

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Speaking rando squad as far as I’ve seen...

MUCH lower (skill) levels and I mean much lower. It seems the average teammates I get are between lvl 10-50... which usually means skill is lower but not always. So every time I get 100+ I get filled with joy. To only see they’re as bad as lvl 40’s. 

No aim, no rational thinking... no anything really. I ping a person, they rush towards them and die or dont pay attention and get killed by that person XD... it’s funny to see high skilled premades and the counter part worse randoms. This mode truly highlights how bad most of the gamers are playing this game XD

Message 1 of 34 (6,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

You just described both modes... xD

Only real difference between duo and trio as a solo player is the amount of meatshields you have. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 34 (6,421 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Nahhh the difference is an even worse lack of skill or the lack of skill of randoms made more obvious due to them having less ppl to rely on... :P
Message 3 of 34 (6,389 Views)

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q You just described my ranked teammates. Then, they stick to you like glue, and steal all of your loot, and you're stuck with a p2020 and mozambique. Then they follow you around, because they need you to breathe for them. And while you are doing that, they steal your purple, and then die to a spitfire. Then you die, and they message you on how bad you were. Just an example

#BuffMirage
Message 4 of 34 (6,364 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Partially at you @CrazyPlays54 I’ve had it with duos. I think it’ll really just like trios but it’s made evident that randoms can’t do anything and you now just see it more clearly XD. But also with lower lvl ppl but my golly.

Every game, I basically fight duos while my partner is dead... one game I had the ABSOLUTE worst teammate ever. Easy name so I’ll always remember it.

But I went 12 kills with 1800 dmg. That guy 400 dmg... That guy... first encountered right of the bat died, fighting 1 guy. Okay can happen... I kill both and we heal up. I hear 2 ppl coming and mention it by pinging. He ‘understands’ (I’m assuming) by looking in that direction, going to the side where they’ll see him right away and to insult to injury places a damn gas canister (which makes sound) right before they come so they know that we’re there... he goes down faster than bricks in hot water. I kill both. Revive the dude.

By this point a normal player or even brainless carry should stick close. I ping where I’m going after he’s healed up. I hear gunfire so go there. This stupid bass goes entirely opposite direction. I wait it out while I see teams fighting... in the end I think f it and go, I down one, majorly injure another but need to reload. Luckily that team is still fighting another team so I have some breathing room. I get shot at again and finally my teammate comes and deals like 30 dmg to the majorly injured enemy. But can’t handle another who’s been damaged by the enemy so I kill that one.

Okay you think he’d follow me now? Nope. I mark where I’m going (that rock formation near the shanty town near bunker where you can overlook a wide area) and he continues looting and randomly walking in a circle. Storm incoming. I’m already inside between the rock formation separating caves from skull town cause I saw someone crawling. I run towards him knowing his teammate’s in the storm. I tea bag first then see his teammate so I go in the storm and behind to kill him :P I’m so bad.

20-30 secs later a squad tries to come and kill us... this dude throws gas randomly... I break one’s shield while he tries to flank me so he hides, throws a jumppad and goes after teammate. Teammate dies, obviously, I kill the 2 enemies. This time I let that guy be dead. No revive. For 2 reasons 1) storm would’ve got me, 2) he was absolutely useless.

Last 4 squads turn into last 3 after they fought across from containment upon the hill structure. But I was in such a good spot so I hugged the hills and climbed up as a good Revenant should. Suddenly I see one with his back to me XD. I try to shoot but fall down. Climb back up and and only headshot that unaware fool. I timed it. All headshots with a Flatline on blue armored person takes 0.980 seconds XD continued to shoot his teammate but almost failed but luckily I picked up a mastiff and I think with 1-5 hp I shot him, dropped down and phoenix kitted myself to proceed and shoot the last caustic and win the game.

On that teammates xbox profile I saw an xbox avatar of a guy with grey hair... so I might’ve been playing with an old man XD.
Message 5 of 34 (6,355 Views)

★★★ Guide

I assume most newer players want to play with smallest amount of people just so they can learn the game instead of pissing off full squad. I see this in every BR game. If we had solo mode, every one who is just picking up the game without be playing that.

Otherwise duos are so much better than triple squad imo. Much easier to manage fighting two people than three, even with highest chance of getting third partied with more teams. I am very happy they added that mode, even if it took them so long. If only it read just in the game from the get go (same with map rotation).

Message 6 of 34 (6,324 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q 

@MandatoryIDtag 

You're both right.

So many times you get players that don't know how to play or just go out and get themselves killed the first 10 sec after landing.

No Armor, hardly any ammo trying to take a squad by themselves. or you get those playrs that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

nothing better then seeing in the summary:

player a = 0 kill and 0 damage

player b = 0kills and 250 damage

you= 5 kills and 1k+ damage

kind of scratching your head on why nobody did anything.

Message 7 of 34 (6,316 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RevenanT-G7 It’s always fun when you did at least double the work of both your teammates combined while they are the first to start an 100-200m battle with SMGs or ARs...
Message 8 of 34 (6,312 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q wrote:
@RevenanT-G7It’s always fun when you did at least double the work of both your teammates combined while they are the first to start an 100-200m battle with SMGs or ARs...

Facts !

Message 9 of 34 (6,293 Views)

@Koochi-Q I have level 40 moments frequently. Especially when I mess with the L-star.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 34 (6,249 Views)