Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

by Choongangchong
Reply

Original Post

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

★ Guide

@Moo0ooist wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Moo0ooist wrote:

um... the game shipped like 6 million units and this guy thinks a sample size of a thousand is half the game's population? Someone's bad at math


And Reddit seems to have become the forum where people post their hatred, of late. There is a separate Reddit now for people who enjoy the game, so I'm not surprised that a survey would be critical if it came from 'original' Anthem Reddit.


The funny thing is the mods are active at removing stuff and are defenders of the game. What youre looking for is called low sodium anthem. Thats the hugbox where the devs have started posting again


Just went straight to the ATG sub and found about 6 out of 10 threads just needlessly dumping on the game, hours old and well into upvoted territory and its nothing like constructive feedback. low sodium has plenty of negative/constructive feedback its just not in the 'everyone at BW is dumber than me' format

Message 21 of 30 (226 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's a reddit survey.  Hell, even reddit junkies don't take those seriously.

Message 22 of 30 (189 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

★ Apprentice

@BlackMistRuecian wrote:

How you tried the Low Sodium Anthem subreddit?

 


 


Yeah, then you get banned for the slightest thing in even the most remotely negative manner

No thx, Id rather HERE than that

Message 23 of 30 (163 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

★★★ Apprentice

@Moo0ooist wrote:

um... the game shipped like 6 million units and this guy thinks a sample size of a thousand is half the game's population? Someone's bad at math


And someone should read up on how statistical analysis works. Especially the part with using a representative sample.

 

A study performed in 2018 showed that 70% of American plays video games. In the same study they found that 35% of Americans plays games on a PC. 

Another study from 2017 showed that 20% of American men have cheated on while in a relationship while 13% women have done the same

Do you think they asked every American before coming to these conclusions? Wink

 

 

I don't have any opinion on whether this article is correct or not since I have no idea if the 1000 is a true representative sample of the player base or just a bunch of haters skewing the result, but the method used to conclude is not wrong at all. 1000 people is actually a good number to base a conclusion on granted the people answering the survey is covering all kind of people from the player base.   

 

Message 24 of 30 (126 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Choongangchong wrote:

@Moo0ooist wrote:

um... the game shipped like 6 million units and this guy thinks a sample size of a thousand is half the game's population? Someone's bad at math


And someone should read up on how statistical analysis works. Especially the part with using a representative sample.

 

A study performed in 2018 showed that 70% of American plays video games. In the same study they found that 35% of Americans plays games on a PC. 

Another study from 2017 showed that 20% of American men have cheated on while in a relationship while 13% women have done the same

Do you think they asked every American before coming to these conclusions? Wink

 

 

I don't have any opinion on whether this article is correct or not since I have no idea if the 1000 is a true representative sample of the player base or just a bunch of haters skewing the result, but the method used to conclude is not wrong at all. 1000 people is actually a good number to base a conclusion on granted the people answering the survey is covering all kind of people from the player base.   

 


Yeah I'm calling bs on that 2018 study saying 70% of Americans play video games. Now if it said something like 70% of Americans have played a video game at some point in their life then I could believe that. I really dont buy the cheating survey either hehe. As for this Anthem survey I would say it was mostly haters. Why? ...well for claiming it covers half of the player base then you would think the odds of one of those people posting here would be pretty good. So far nobody has posted here and I haven't seen another thread on these forums with anyone saying they took the survey.

Message 25 of 30 (118 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

★ Apprentice

At 37 years old I have yet to see a survey on a video game forum that is anything but useless in it's objective.  The only exception being ones posted by the community managers of the game.

 

Acting like a survey on reddit is even close to an accurate representation of the player base is just.....

Message 26 of 30 (106 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

★ Guide

@Choongangchong wrote:

@Moo0ooist wrote:

um... the game shipped like 6 million units and this guy thinks a sample size of a thousand is half the game's population? Someone's bad at math


And someone should read up on how statistical analysis works. Especially the part with using a representative sample.

 


When polling people multiple sources need to be used, as a start, for it to be considered a representative sample. So in this 1 source, reddit, is most definitely not. The CM got better results when asking what javelin people unlocked first on twitter with 3753 votes if we are going to pin single sources against each other even though it would be a bad idea. I suppose you could say its a representative sample of anthem players on reddit on that specific subreddit but being a few layers deep into a subset is pretty much the opposite of a broad sampling. Its like asking customers who only come in on sundays and buy a specific flavor if they are satisfied with a ice cream shop.

 

The reason why this is a story is because hack content creators just troll social media and find something that is trending and just make something on it. Another tactic is to find a half way decently written article, basically re-write it while citing the original and then making the second half just people reacting on social media.

Message 27 of 30 (97 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Moo0ooist wrote:
Yeah, then you get banned for the slightest thing in even the most remotely negative manner

No thx, Id rather HERE than that

There is a chasm of difference between "loot needs a lot of work" and "loot in this game is completely stupid" for example. That's why people get confused, calling it a hugbox or accusing it of not allowing any negative feedback, because they are socially inept.

 

If you aren't capable of giving negative feedback in a constructive way without lacing it with venom or vitriol you just aren't productive for feedback.

Message 28 of 30 (85 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

★★ Novice

@Neiloch wrote:

@Choongangchong wrote:

@Moo0ooist wrote:

um... the game shipped like 6 million units and this guy thinks a sample size of a thousand is half the game's population? Someone's bad at math


And someone should read up on how statistical analysis works. Especially the part with using a representative sample.

 


When polling people multiple sources need to be used, as a start, for it to be considered a representative sample. So in this 1 source, reddit, is most definitely not. The CM got better results when asking what javelin people unlocked first on twitter with 3753 votes if we are going to pin single sources against each other even though it would be a bad idea. I suppose you could say its a representative sample of anthem players on reddit on that specific subreddit but being a few layers deep into a subset is pretty much the opposite of a broad sampling. Its like asking customers who only come in on sundays and buy a specific flavor if they are satisfied with a ice cream shop.

 

The reason why this is a story is because hack content creators just troll social media and find something that is trending and just make something on it. Another tactic is to find a half way decently written article, basically re-write it while citing the original and then making the second half just people reacting on social media.


Well he also has a massive clickbait title claiming that half the playerbase has left the game

Message 29 of 30 (73 Views)

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Tealcthejaffa222 wrote:

 

Well he also has a massive clickbait title claiming that half the playerbase has left the game

Same thing happened with that 'gear is meaningless' reddit thread even though it objectively isn't. The guy was just upset because his goofy, meme'd up blast build using epics got out moded by higher tier gear.

 

then people tried to defend it with 'trying to illustrate a point' nonsense rhetoric. If you have to exaggerate to an extreme degree or lie outright to 'make a point' your point is probably worthless to begin with.

Message 30 of 30 (66 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help