Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Did you participate in this survey?

by Daethena

Original Post

Did you participate in this survey?

★★★ Guide

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/new-anthem-survey-discovers-over-half-the-playerbase-at-launch-has-al...

I'm just curious if anyone here participated in this survey because I'm just now seeing this. Hehe I know I'm not the only one playing because every game I join fills up and I got another 10k from the alliance system.

Message 1 of 30 (579 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

Nope, been here since VIP demo and Early Access, and still saving Grabbits!

Save the Grabbits Foundation!

Message 2 of 30 (572 Views)

Champion

Haven't participated and still playing. Same goes for most of my friends.

On the other hand, in every major game I ever played "half of the player base" had left after a month or two.

It's apparently opportune to stir up some more drama regarding Anthem/Bioware/EA.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 3 of 30 (560 Views)

@Daethena wrote:

Nope, been here since VIP demo and Early Access, and still saving Grabbits!

Save the Grabbits Foundation!

Pretty much this.

Only for the dailies, for now, but there's the roadmap to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 4 of 30 (550 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Still playing. Didn't hear about this until recently and was unable to participate in the survey.
Message 5 of 30 (540 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is the most revealing of it all: 

The survey also asked people for their written responses to the question "If you were to change one thing in Anthem, what would it be?", the answers to which were then used to generate a word cloud, and, uh, yeah... it paints a pretty clear picture of how people currently feel about BioWare's latest.  

Message 6 of 30 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I stay 50 yards away from that horrendous reddit. Its completely useless and no where near a proper cross section of the playerbase.

Message 7 of 30 (467 Views)

★★ Guide

This is the journalism at its best. The article states it like the player number drop in 1-2 months since release is something new and happened only in Anthem. Checking steam charts for any game will reveal that there is a high player number decrease in the first months since release.

Here are just some examples:

The player number dropped by a factor of 4 in GTA V within 2 months since release.

The player number has decreased by a factor of 2 within 1 month since release in The Division and by a factor of 5 within 2 months.

Message 8 of 30 (404 Views)

Champion

Haven’t seen it until just now and not planning to participate in it either (or touch reddit with a ten foot pole in general, for that matter). It’s probably a pretty accurate cross-section of the playerbase though, if you exclude those who are too busy enjoying the game to be complaining about it on reddit.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 9 of 30 (388 Views)

★★ Pro

Reddit, never read it, cant be bothered with it. Have never seen anything meaningful come out of it.

Message 10 of 30 (370 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help