Did they remove TDM?

by 0weng

Original Post

Re: Did they remove TDM?

★★★★ Guide

The cynic in me thinks it’s linked to the declining player base (steam stats are an indicator of a downward trend) and that they don’t want to further fragment the player base with too many game modes…

Message 21 of 33 (213 Views)

★ Apprentice
@foff667 Hahah word of 2022 is Brutal!! Is it brutal to expect sometging we pay for bahaha. That guy should get fired
Message 22 of 33 (208 Views)

★★ Pro
@0weng In their continued wisdom of tone-deaf responses, DICE decided to continue to take away from the community what they want. TDM is now to be considered lEgAcY. It's just good business.
Message 23 of 33 (202 Views)

I'm really hoping they are just collecting data right now so they can create a permanent list of fan favourites in the future with the other modes on rotation

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 24 of 33 (199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@TTZ_DipsyThey had enough time to collect all that data already. Proven from previous BF franchise. Dont know why they have to agrivate the misery we already feel about the game by removing old time fav modes!

Message 25 of 33 (194 Views)

★ Pro
@LordVader666 A lot of the late night TDM had 8x8, 12x12, even seen 3x3. It seems 16x16 is max? At these low of team player requirements, it should not catabolize the player count...and if it does, then wow, the game is in worse shape player number wise than anyone could imagine, not good...

Personally I have not played since the removed TDM. It was nice to not get shot from 4-6 angles at once, and test my shooting skills against 1 to 2 players at once versus being bombed into oblivion by an air vehicle after running across an open field for 60 seconds during the "running simulator" stage of Conquest/Breakthrough.

Honestly, I really can't seem to go back to the 128 modes after playing TDM and Rush, as the "cat/mouse" nature of those modes never got old for me, unlike the chaos from the 128 player modes that ends up being a lot of luck and less skill based to stay alive for very long. I found TDM and RUsh more challenging and fun...

So very confused why a TDM is not part of the original game. Even games like Destiny would not have lasted if not for TDM.
Message 26 of 33 (191 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah Free-For-All is horrible! 24 people in a match. If you join after the match starts, it will go like this: Spawn out in the open, try to run for cover, get killed. Respawn, repeat the same process!

If you are lucky enough to spawn in cover, you have a fighting chance. But plan on not making it very far, also if you turn to fight who has spotted you, you will die quicker.

DICE needs to bring back TDM.

Message 27 of 33 (186 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

DICE just using their own feet as a silencer again...

Luckily with their hit reg, half of it doesn't count to them.

Message 28 of 33 (178 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TTZ_Dipsy I hope you're right but I'm skeptical.
Message 29 of 33 (167 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DeepSixxxx This is exactly why i love 10-15min gameplay rather done running around and get killed by 3 people at once haha. Although i still end up having atleast 1.5 kd that doenst represent the enjoyment. Hence being butchered by air/land vehicle from 10 angles is not fun at all. I mean there are people that enjoy vehicles,not me!. As you stated, it is more fun just engaging 2-3 people and winning the gun fight rather than not having a chance at all.

Most of my kills on breakthrough are just pure luck. It is either the enemy is just about yo die or just respawned infront of me hahaha. Anyhow!! TDM and rush is the reason why i enjoyed this game since it was added. Otherwise, this game (for me) is just pure chaos and luck specifically on 128player modes.
Message 30 of 33 (163 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help