Re: Did the game meet your expectations?

by Filed_Teeth

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@Reposter even better then expected. love the game.

Play VR, No HUD, HOTAS
Message 31 of 53 (852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LordAnkahI play exactly the same way. the instruments tell me enough without all the clutter, and I do okay enough not to care, want that feeling of flying the craft, not counting on all the arcade-like additions.

Also play War Thunder and only in Sim, so no HUD is already a learned preference lol.

Message 32 of 53 (845 Views)

★★ Guide

I should say first, its just too early to tell. i dont feel its ready for prime time. if they vamp the competitive attributes, i may like it enough to call it satisfied for forty bucks, but im not trying to talk money if it just gives me hope, when it can be the game that it is supposed to be. so its good for a nostalgic mobile game, in that sense im sort of unsatisfied and think its a twentyfour nintynine dollar game. i dont get the whole no pay scheme and feel they are just trolling our request not to have a pay to win game. i mean i dont mind paying twenty bucks for a base game and then more for dlc add on levels and bling. i guess creators just dont want to be told how to make a marketable game or something. i mean i hear that, but this is not an original ip and is a acquired franchise with established fans and communities. Im trying to say that it needs to hold up the integrity of the ip and be able to market it to the fans and community that keep it alive. any how, its not a bad game, but as a single player who only has one or two playable modes, dlc and add ons are the only thing i can live on. i may play the online once and a great while, but truthfully as a lore fan this game is not ready for such with a frustration stew of bugs and bad mechanics, so ill need to wait and see if it ever becomes a challenging game (and ive been dropping my requests here, as i will to the end) rather than just a frustration farmer.

Message 33 of 53 (826 Views)

★ Guide

The fact that this game exists at all is a surprise to be sure but a welcome one!

Interesting that they've supposedly put a ""leaver penalty"" within the MPO. If anything, such a contraption will provide data on the matter (once and for all). I'm very keen to silently observe how people find it. (So far, much as I predicted; the game isn't discerning the proper circumstances for some players.) Tech can be finicky... 

Personally; I haven't been to multiplayer yet. 
. . . 
Honestly... I played the VR late at night a few weeks back (on a friend's device) and well... It made me feel very sick after. 
I think I resigned to blowing up on the training level and called it a night. One of these days, when I've got a clearer schedule, & I know I won't have any assignments to look forward to, I might play a bit longer . . . At the risk of VR sickness ^^; 

The character voice/body options are amusing. 'Kinda disappointed I can't drop in as an alien right off the bat, but it's not too big of a deal, as I'm in first person anyways. 

Message 34 of 53 (801 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

multiplayer is good if you are on PC with a joystick, otherwise if you are on console avoid it like covid-19, you will get wrecked non stop, its no fun at all. And matchmaking is broken, making you play against high level players when you are just a poor noob.

Message 35 of 53 (756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Pryde33633 Witch on did You bought? I get my G56 like a 2 weeks ago and it like a charm. From first kick, just spend weekend to map all the buttons and thats it. No problems at all.
Message 36 of 53 (743 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the Hori

Message 37 of 53 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ReposterSince it's not a Lucasarts game I was expecting an impacted number 2 bowl movement like Elvis died of.
Well it's not that bad but it's still a splatterfest. They have to fix the match making or it will die to the no-lifers who play 24/7

Message 38 of 53 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Reposter Yes. Fabulous game. Particularly in VR. I loved the X Wing series and this is much better.

Great work Motive!

My only issue is that I would like more of it - I would pay real money for more content! I have already spent $1,000 to play this in VR and would pay that again for more of this game.
Message 39 of 53 (696 Views)

★★ Pro

With the addition of B-Wing and TIE Defender in December, I feel very happy I bought this game guys!

Message 40 of 53 (637 Views)