Did i get banned or suspended?

by okeh_r3za

Original Post

Did i get banned or suspended?

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

So recently a ban-hammer got unleashed which banned all users that (ab)used alt+f4 in ranked games. I have to admit, so did I. I used it maybe 10/12 times and i admit my fault. After the ban-hammer, a developer tweeted that the bans should all be temporarily and that EA has accidentally send out e-mails saying the bans are permanent. I got the permanent mail, and so did my friends. But after a few days they got another e-mail saying that their bans are 14 days. But, i did not get the second e-mail.

Because I wanted to know if I’m banned permanently, i made an EA ticket asking if the ban is permanent or temporarily. The answer I got is unclear for me; it stated that 'i should wait for the suspension to end'. Does this mean i'm banned temporarily? I added a screen of the mail as an attachment. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (353 Views)

Re: Did i get banned or suspended?

★★ Expert

both

Heart

Message 2 of 5 (326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What do you  mean with 'Both'? .The email states that 'i should wait for the suspension to end', therefore i am not certain if this is a permanent of temporary ban. 

Message 3 of 5 (309 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@okeh_r3za  schrieb:

What do you  mean with 'Both'? .The email states that 'i should wait for the suspension to end', therefore i am not certain if this is a permanent of temporary ban. 

There are already threads with this topic refering.

Check the other comments. It seems to be temporary ban of 14 - 28 days.

Hope all the abusers also get a rank reset. Better would be ban from ranked in S3, since they all thought they were acting so smart.

Message 4 of 5 (279 Views)

★★★ Pro
@JjumpingJjack that would be the logical thing to do, knock there rank back down to bronze. Otherwise all they lost was playtime, no big deal for those cheaters.
Message 5 of 5 (246 Views)