Re: Did Respawn change something today?

by enite

Original Post

Did Respawn change something today?

★★★ Guide

Because the loot is terrible. Lots of ammo, no weapons. and the few weapons i find are guns and lvl 1 armors.

Every team i face have the same issue, also everyone else i talked to. 

So, did Respawn change the RNG?

Message 1 of 8 (444 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That's just my general experience with the loot in this highly balanced and competitive game.  The house I loot has attachments and a p2020/Mozambique if I'm lucky.  The guy next door comes out with purple armor and a R301.

Message 2 of 8 (426 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@HyperXMousepad wrote:

That's just my general experience with the loot in this highly balanced and competitive game.  The house I loot has attachments and a p2020/Mozambique if I'm lucky.  The guy next door comes out with purple armor and a R301.

Whilst RNGesus is as RNGesus does, I do agree that high tier loot does seem to weirdly clump up leading to this sort of thing happening more than you’d like to see.

i know nothing about coding so have no idea how difficult this would be but I can’t help but wonder if they couldn’t maybe build in some sort of spacer feature into the RNG where powerful items can’t spawn in immediate proximity to each other so then in your example one of you would get the good armour and a wonky gun and the other vice versa to level the field a little...

Message 3 of 8 (401 Views)

★★★ Guide

Did Respawn change something LOL good one.. 

Message 4 of 8 (391 Views)

★★★ Guide

No server are still packed with cheaters.

Message 5 of 8 (371 Views)

★★★ Novice

cheaters everywhere.

Message 6 of 8 (321 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Balzano wrote:

Because the loot is terrible. Lots of ammo, no weapons. and the few weapons i find are guns and lvl 1 armors.

Every team i face have the same issue, also everyone else i talked to. 

So, did Respawn change the RNG?

I concur.

In the last 2 days I noticed that I am left without a weapon at any place or zone I drop 4 out of 5 games.

Im running around like a headless chicken for up to a full minute before eventually finding a gun that hasnt been picked up, a p2020 or mozambique.

The ammo was taken as you may expect, and then I'm supposed to clutch an enemy team with 10 shots from a p2020, since my team died while I was out of commission.

So apparently i'm not the only one who seems to believe weapon drop rates have suddenly been reduced substantially.

Maybe this is a measure to make sure most teams are weeded out immediately after landing.

I getting really fed up with having no weapon most games, the only thing I actually dislike about Apex

Message 7 of 8 (298 Views)

★ Guide
I have a different theory from many mentioned here. I believe Respawn is implementing some form of skill balancing mechanism.

It seems like lower level players get better weapon spawns than higher rated players. We like to jump on the ship alot. One thing that I noticed it that 9 times out of ten, the loot is better when several teams hit the ship than it is when only one team hits the ship. If you survive several teams hitting the ship, you will likely leave with great armor and possibly some gold items.
This tells me that it is possible that the loot spawn system is not completely random and is influenced by the players that get in the vicinity of the loot source.

This theory was also supported by my playing with my brothers and sometimes with my friend. My brothers are good players but their levels are lower than mine. At one point we went several games with me not able to find a weapon on my own. So I started letting them go into houses and I just took what was left. Their leftovers were much greater than anything I could find.

The greatest evidence was when playing with my friend. Let's just say that he is not the best at the game. When we play I usually come out of a house with accessories and he comes out with a Spitfire and a Wingman.

I will say that this was different this past weekend when we played. I got decent weapons. But this is something that I noticed. It could be nothing, but I have been looking at this for a while.

I admit it would be a smart way to help keep the game competitive for people of all levels, but there are definitely some things they could do to improve this process so that the games are less frustrating for more advanced players... if this is what they are doing.
Message 8 of 8 (221 Views)