Re: Did EA ever thought of optimizing the game?

by damsonwhufndthis

Original Post

Did EA ever thought of optimizing the game?

★★ Pro

Launch game,

7-13 fps in the lobby, lagging sound about same amount as fps,

occasionaly goes to 100 fps how it's suppost to be,

goes back to around those 10 fps occasionaly.

Message 1 of 12 (402 Views)

★ Guide

Optimize your windows and bios first, then blame the game.

Message 2 of 12 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I think you might have an issue with your hardware, setup, config or installation.

On my old machine still running gtx 10x0 card im still running steady 144fps everywhere with less then 60% load on my gfx card. On the new machine im running the same with 30% load :P

Message 3 of 12 (358 Views)

Champion
@damsonwhufndthis Lagging in the lobby? How do you even play in game?
Message 4 of 12 (337 Views)

★★ Pro

@hayhor6fps in lobby 60-100fps in game on 900p

@dynam1ckas if I don't have latest Windows update and everything?

@sceptic-noobno I don't, Apex didn't use to lag in the lobby

Message 5 of 12 (317 Views)

★★ Pro

But I guess in 2022 everyone is suppost to have ultra gaming PC that can play Metro Exodus on 900fps while rendering a 8K video and transporting 20TB of files all at the same time.

Message 6 of 12 (277 Views)

★★ Expert

They are definitely "optimizing" prices in the shop! XD

Message 7 of 12 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

My old gtx 1070 laptop still runs the game in 144fps 1080p when tuned correctly so its hardly a very hardware demanding game, that thing is fairly old. I would check settings that you dont have adaptive modes or something that is trying to maximise your hardware load for max performance, those things always push to far so you get some strange results. Also check the memory usage on the gpu, something is messing up things for ya.

Message 8 of 12 (268 Views)

★★ Pro

@sceptic-noob1070 is 2x faster GPU in some cases 2,5x faster than 1050

Message 9 of 12 (227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Not the laptop version Standard smile  (but in reference were talking about aprox 6 year old hardware)

Still there are many things that can mess up your day when running old hardware, get the monitor up and running and start debugging.

When I first installed my 3080ti I had serious stuttering, could not for the life of me understand what was going on, especially when the 1080 was perfect. I debugged this for several days until I found the culprint, and now it runs perfectly.

Dont give up and have a look, it might be an easier reason then you thing, for example allocating too much memory on the gpu, new monitor with higher fps and vsync going strong, adaptive vsync, new driver thats messing with the system (I had issues with farcry6 in the start, debugging showed me that my GPU driver wasnt recognised by the game so I had full CPU rendring - fixed now) --- any number of things can be giving your system a thorough beating.

Edit: Even if the hardware is old I do think you should be able to get this working, I suspect you have a gremlin somewhere thats messing with you.

Message 10 of 12 (205 Views)