Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Did Boycott Work?

by buddahcjcc

Original Post

Did Boycott Work?

★★★ Apprentice

Well just asking the question.

to be honest I liked the boycott idea and participated.  I loved that BioWare seems to respond when they send they would raise drop rates.  It looked like a community could work together to send a message and the company would react.

Well after seeing the “increased” drop rates I dint think we can call it a success.  The community got a reaction but it was either lies or deceit by BioWare. If they did increase legendary rates it was minuscule and doesn’t help anyone.

So while the community did get a reaction out if BioWare it seems Bioware either lied or raised them so poorly it didn’t matter.  So just curious if you would consider the boycott successful.

i for one day yes.  The community came together and BioWare responded.  That is impressive.  Just sucks BioWare lied.

Message 1 of 21 (690 Views)

Boycott? Seemed more of a 'sulk' to me. Wink

The devs have already said they'll be balancing the game over the coming months, so task in hand I reckon. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 21 (666 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So hey have said, but the loot patch didn’t seem to help.  I logged in after the patch ran around on gm2 strongholds, freeplay, etc.  drops were garbage.  

Thats why im questioning.  They said they increased rates well if they did it wasn’t in any meaningful way so it doesn’t help us.

why would we expect any other fixed to make the game better.

the next update there is no loot increase despite that still being a huge issue.  Nope instead they are supposedly fixing loot so that it will drop for the javelin your on.  Wohoo so now all my useless loot will still be useless.

how hard is it I increase legendary drop rates?  If it’s hard then they are doing something wrong.  And if it’s a normal operation like in every game why haven’t they fixed it yet?

Message 3 of 21 (661 Views)

★ Apprentice

the key word is "months." lets not forget this is just a Looter Shooter. i have played enough of them to realize that this looter shooter is missing some key aspects that make a looter shooter possible. Components that should never be in question and are 10 year old in the gaming world. 

I do believe that it will get better but to have to wait for months when i have already paid top dollar...? That's a shame. but that's my opinion. Frown

Message 4 of 21 (620 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@jor19dan89 wrote:

So hey have said, but the loot patch didn’t seem to help.  I logged in after the patch ran around on gm2 strongholds, freeplay, etc.  drops were garbage.  

Thats why im questioning.  They said they increased rates well if they did it wasn’t in any meaningful way so it doesn’t help us.

why would we expect any other fixed to make the game better.

the next update there is no loot increase despite that still being a huge issue.  Nope instead they are supposedly fixing loot so that it will drop for the javelin your on.  Wohoo so now all my useless loot will still be useless.

how hard is it I increase legendary drop rates?  If it’s hard then they are doing something wrong.  And if it’s a normal operation like in every game why haven’t they fixed it yet?

I know Im repeating myself but it bears repeating:

The only reason the drop rate issue is an issue at all is because that's literally the end game. There is no new content to unlock once you get a certain gear score, the achievements for getting all of one gear score dont seem to work (Im at masterwork and I looked and all those challenges are not completed), theres no actual in game REASON to continue playing the game once you hit 30. OTHER than to grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run in the hopes of getting good enough drops to get to GM1 where you get all the loot, where you grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run in the hopes of getting good enough drops to get to GM2. Then you get to grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run in the hopes of getting good enough drops to get to GM3, but at a much harder difficulty, but for seemingly the same weighted loot as in GM1. THEN you get to get into GM3 where you get to grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run... to get the best gear.... for why exactly?

Message 5 of 21 (552 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
There is a boycott? Of what?
Message 6 of 21 (524 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Boycott, boredom with the game, frustration at a lack of lemons and purpose - call it what you will. I didn't even know there was one.

Message 7 of 21 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I didnt know there was a boycott. Guess I unknowingly participated because I havent played the game since a week or so after launch. Check here every few days to see if theres any major patches coming, but I guess the game needs more than patches.

So, maybe I'm still boycotting? I dont look at it that way, but if someone wants to call it that, sure whatever.
Message 8 of 21 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Boycott, hilarious. "We don't like the game so we aren't gonna play, even though we have already paid for it", ok. IMO, it was nothing but a poorly thought out, foolish attempt to extort the developers. It was never going to succeed.

Message 9 of 21 (496 Views)

★ Guide
They'd have to return to make it a boycott.

As is it was just a massive Exodus
Message 10 of 21 (480 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help