Devstream and Patch notes discussion.

by EA_David

Original Post

Devstream and Patch notes discussion.

Community Manager

Hello Legends, you can check out the Season 8 devstream below, then hop on over to our patch notes thread for details on Fuse, the 30-30, and the main changes next season.

Season 8 Patch Notes. 

Let us know what you think below!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 39 (1,981 Views)

Re: Devstream and Patch notes discussion.

★ Expert

So wait a sec, Care package weapons are not changing? 

Message 2 of 39 (1,970 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

0. Damage counter: YES, YES, YES, Finally I know when to push and how much to push to get 2K damage.

1. I can't wait to bambozle somebody with Mirage decoy foot step , gonna be hilarious:

• Mirage decoys create footstep sounds.

2. Going to try Rampart , let's see:

• Wall health in build phase increased from 1hp to 45hp (sniper rounds still pierce through)

3. Wraith hit box: I can't tell the difference, she still slim.

4. Altenator is GREAT again:

• Bullet damage increased from 15 to 16
  • The Anvil Rounds hop up will be added into the loot pool

5. This is from ImperialHal complain, I saw how he died and he's screaming out of his lungs:

• All gas now dissipates as soon as Caustic’s team is eliminated.

@EA_David 

What I would like to see how many kills the team mate doing so far. I think this will be huge for competition/pro level since KP means points means MONEY !

Message 3 of 39 (1,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Some thoughts

1. Overall I like the new update especially the new gun, updated map, and new legend.

2. No mastiff nerf? Okay.

3. Okay let this be the last nerf to Horizon's kit please. Stop making her Pathfinder 2.0

4. The wraith hitbox change is good.

5. Finally Octane's jump pad high jump is back and better

6. The Rampart buff to her tactical is good but I freakin hate that Fuse can destroy all her walls with just a single tactical.

Edit: I still want voice lines for the legends when their ultimate is ready.

Message 4 of 39 (1,950 Views)

★ Expert

Ok so noob gun got actually buffed again lol, that is pretty nonsense to meDisappointed.

As for the rest, everything seems good to me but one question: Why do you always have to make fully kitted gold one or two useless guns? It's just a waste lol.

Message 5 of 39 (1,938 Views)

★★ Expert

Thoughts As I Read: 

TL;DR: Removal of Gold Barrel, Added Gold mag (for more loot distribution problems) Wraith got nerfed, damage counter in match and able to see how much ammo your teammate has when they ping. No changes to SBMM, audio, hit-reg, server performance, or net-code, but hey, clubs got some bug-fixes! Yay! (/s)

-Legendary Magazines: Yeah we knew this was coming, but really guys? More crap to flood the loot pool? We didn't have enough loot distribution problems? What's next? Gold Stocks? 

-QoL Changes: Damage counter, and amount of ammo changes are good. I'm not colorblind so I can't comment on that, but it sounds good. 

Legend Meta: Wraith nerf? Good! Rampart who cares, Horizon 4 second CD increase that's pretty big. Octane changes this seems good but the Octane mains will probably let you know if this is good or not. Removing Arc Stars from Crypto drone is good, Loba still not viable cause her tactical doesn't work, Caustic gas dissipating after death is like 7 seasons late, Mirage decoys making footstep audio when the rest of the game lacks it is a great joke.

Weapon Meta: Gold weapon changes don't matter because when's the last time anyone has seen a gold weapon? I haven't seen one in 3 seasons. Removing Gold Barrel? So you can add in Gold Magazines? Again, loot distribution problems weren't bad enough? Anvil Receiver for @hayhor but no more double tap? Hmm. Volt nerf, Alternator buff, Spitfire nerf, EVA increased fire-rate? Neat. 

Bug Fixes: Nothing that's needed fixing for seasons now has been addressed. 

Message 6 of 39 (1,904 Views)

★★★ Pro

The CP weapon meta isn’t changing this season? Aw man I wanted the PK back...

Message 7 of 39 (1,903 Views)

LOL no Mastiff nerf. Unbelievable. Oh and they take double tap from the EVA which makes it an even less viable Mastiff counter. Oh but don’t worry the fire rate goes up by 0.1!!! 

this will be an interesting season...

Message 8 of 39 (1,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

uhhhhh yea I had the same question? no care package change?

Message 9 of 39 (1,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is there only 5 dev left on this game ? (I don't count the 50 doing skins Standard smile)

That's one short patch note for a new season. Nothing for Lifeline, nothing for Gibby, etc ...

Or maybe fixes are now considered as simple content. EA to devs : "Don't do too much, let's keep some changes in your sleeves for event patches or the next season. that's cheap and legit content." 

Message 10 of 39 (1,827 Views)