Re: Devstream and Patch notes discussion.

by OldTreeCreeper

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

That's wierd =0 I jumped in some weeks before season 7 ended and it was the way I've always known it to be.. this here looks completely new to me..

But I mean, I know I've always finished the BP before the last couple of weeks any way. Hell, I even got to tier 100 in 2 days now last time I installed it and grinded like there was no tomorrow =P

Just feels like it takes ages to lvl up one single tier atm =( 

But I get what you're saying and it does make sense =)

Message 31 of 39 (812 Views)

★★ Expert

@Shugatraa it's a weird paradox because on a daily basis, it's much quicker than before to earn one level then get off. You do your dailies, get 10k EXP for the last two stars and you're done with a level. Old BP gradually scaled up so it eventually took longer and longer to gain a level. 

On the downside, now that all the levels are a flat 50K EXP, you're progressing much slower in the long run if you've already done dailies / weeklies. Old system with the scaling net you 6 levels with 189K EXP just through playing. New system the same amount barely nets you 3 and a half. 

Less work on a daily basis. More reliance on coming back every day to play, and a much greater reliance on completing objectives to finish BP in a timely manner. 

Message 32 of 39 (804 Views)

@EA_David I think the wraith nerf falls short. She needs to be taller not wider. Right now she can hide behind death boxes.. If she's standing behind the numerous rails in the game, the only thing visible that you can hit is her head.. If she spam crouch she basically disappears.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 33 of 39 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_David the new kc map is beautiful, whatever the devs have done to the colors, the picture is sharp and the movement in the landscape picture is very fluid. I have yet to explore a lot of it but what I have seen is fantastic and beguiling.

Only issue is my Wraith goes down easily, perhaps I'll have to be more circumspect, and other players shots seem more accurate. 

Met my end to a silver 1 with a predator badge in a silver match today. 

More comments to come after a few days play. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 34 of 39 (751 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_David 
Apex Legends on consoles has a very big networking issue with cross play.

Message 35 of 39 (714 Views)

★ Expert
so they understand that long fights = more third parties so why in the same patch they nerf Volt's damage? Why not just buff r99s damage?
Message 36 of 39 (688 Views)

★ Guide
@Cheese9Man
"3. Okay let this be the last nerf to Horizon's kit please. Stop making her Pathfinder 2.0
4. The wraith hitbox change is good."
I think it's funny how people celebrate the 1 millionth Wraith nerf but those same people act as if Horizon - one of the most powerful characters in the game with the highest Winrate (she already surpassed Wraith in S7) - is on the verge of breaking if any more nerfs get implemented when in reality she ha a multitude of unique and unfair advantages.
First of all: Horizon's Hitbox is now the smallest of all legends - yet she doesn't have low profile. Wraith at least had low profile. Horizon doesn't. so i don't get how you can claim this Wraith nerf - where they literally expanded her hitbox beyond her character model - as "good" but you cry about Horizon allegedly already becoming a Pathfinder 2.0 when they barely did anything to her. Actually ridiculous.

And about the "multitude of unique and unfair advantages": i already mentioned her Hitbox.
Further her Q lasts extremely long. It lasts TEN whole seconds. So the duration is already one apsect. Further comes the fact that her Q reaches THIRTY meters up in the air. This is very high. And in addition to her being very high up in the air she also A-D-Strafes extremely quickly in her Q and while she does that she can still use healables. Use any healable on the ground and you basically stand still. Horizon on the other hand can pop a battery or even a Phoenix Kit while she A-D-Strafes in 30m height faster than a player on the floor could with their weapon holstered. This basically guarantees it that a horizon will get at least a bettery through. All she has to do is A-D-strafe in 30m height. And if that is not safe enough she just jumps out of her gravity lift and gets catapulted 200 away into safety behind the next cover. Further her Q makes zero sound. You could have highground and be focused on another Squad and suddenly you get blasted in the back by an entirely silent Horizon that floats behind you. Every other Q has a sound - only her's doesn't. Further she herself also makes zero sound when she lands. So she could also use her completely silent Q to land completely silently behind you and shoot you in the back. And while her Q is so powerful it has one of the lowest cooldowns of only 15s. 10s less than Wraith's Phase and only half as long as Loba's s****y bracelet.

People that claim she is balanced and that she in in danger of becoming Path 2.0 with another nerf when she has almost not been nerfed at all are actually ridiculous and showcase zero understanding of the game.
Message 37 of 39 (657 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Cro_Pittt I think you hit the nail on the head, what do we expect from a team where the lead designer said "Literally 3 gameplays were enough for us to realize Caustic is the weakest legend"
Message 38 of 39 (650 Views)

The new detailing on kc in contrast and colours is sumptuous, and the oil slick from the crashed spaceship on the waters throughout the map is an especially lovely touch. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 39 of 39 (633 Views)