Re: Devs are losing their cool.

by OldTreeCreeper

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

For how much revenue this game makes it shouldn't be having these technical issues. There are pros and streamers who basically rely on games for their revenue too. Its getting better, but around the time when he made the comment about Facebook, you would lose the max RP per match every 1-3 out of 10 ranked matches due to being disconnected. I think the server issue might have been addressed by now. If that is the case, then a "We acknowledge there is a technical issue and we are working on it" is the only real response.

Message 41 of 81 (526 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Gabrielmojo26 i mean the guy had it coming. I would've clapped back at him if I was in his position too
Message 42 of 81 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@DoYaSeeMeThat's a biased dev supporting dev opinion if I ever heard one

Not unreasonable or ''entitled'' when the game is broken and getting worse each update with constant crashes they won't release a fix for till next season drops, while still pushing predatory microtransactions.

All players have wanted was some communication and kept in the loop but they got silence as usual. When devs do show up a month later after leaving them to fester on the thought they're cashing out before 2042 and halo release, they focus on one comment and go on the assault claiming ''victory'' on twitter afterwards.

It's pathetic.

They should take notes from warframe devs who communicate with their community once a week and there's many other examples too of establishing and keeping good relations with their communities and building games both players and devs love to play.

Looking at the twitter comments from a lot of respawn staff, imo, it's the devs who are entitled, toxic and becoming complacent.

Message 43 of 81 (518 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think it's just their social media manager or whoever this guy is. He saw people on social media saying bad things about the servers, Facebook's servers went down for like 6hrs, he tried to make some comparison or something in his mind and tweeted it. @Systemexe20 

Message 44 of 81 (499 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@B0n3SawMcSizzla Ryan is Respawns director of communication. He's meant to be the bridge and voice between the community and the devs and should be setting an example, if you don't want a toxic community.

I saw the post regarding FB, comparing downtime for couple hrs that happens once every half a decade to their seasonal server slaughter while mocking players lack of understanding on game development concerning operation health suggestions and server tickrate, which was also a bad call imo.
Message 45 of 81 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@soccerking122If you’re going to clap back, clap back at all of them, don’t cherry pick a comment, and then ride the bandwagon claiming victory.

Message 46 of 81 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Systemexe20 I don't think I have ever seen a dev on here. We have had mods post links to official news, but no real interaction or interest on an ongoing basis from devs. Some info posted may be considered of note and passed up the line. 

I don't understand why this forum isn't used for that purpose, it is after all a resource, rather than twitter reddit etc which appears much more random to my eye.

It's a moderated forum so the devs have nothing to fear, unlike the aforementioned social media where they open them selves up to the world. 

As far as I can see the people on here may not always agree but care deeply about the game, and come from a diverse set of backgrounds.

Without knowing the history of this particular outburst, imo if you are representing a business online then you should always maintain a certain amount of professional decorum, no matter what, or get offline. Business is not personal unless you make it so. 

Ps I'd also improve the general discussion section by putting threads about a ban or being banned into their very own main  section. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 47 of 81 (401 Views)

★★★ Pro

Morale of this threat is, delete Twitter n Reddit and break free from lunatics over there lol. 

Message 48 of 81 (368 Views)

Hero

I often wonder when do rules apply. Was he off the clock when this was said? Was he on the clock? When does the 2 make a difference? All too often do I see someone who is not on the clock on a personal account be held accountable as if they were on the clock working on the game's social media accounts. 

Overall many things could have been avoided but it does make me wonder if there is anything someone can say these days that will not have actions taken on them as an employee who most likely does things much differently than when on his personal account. He def should not have done what he did if he was on the clock. When are people ever allowed to defend themselves anymore? 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 49 of 81 (304 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC On or off the clock doesn't really matter. You represent an employer any time you speak through their channels or are in their uniform. I've basically been trained not to wear company clothing. lol
Message 50 of 81 (295 Views)