Re: Devs Playing in Game

by Mast3rMirror

Original Post

Devs Playing in Game

★ Guide

Sometimes after a match I'll go to the recent players menu on the XB1 and I'll see a player's name and it will have a green check mark and the word developer next to it. Does this mean that one of, or a whole squad of developers were in that match? I think it would be cool if there was a squad of developers in the game, if there was some way to tell they were a squad of developers, as in an exclusive skin. Then there could be a bounty on that Dev Squad to where if you encountered them in the match and eliminated them your squad would receive a skin or banner badge.

Message 1 of 4 (214 Views)

★★★★ Guide

possibly but don't be fooled by just a green check mark. AFAIK anyone can put a green check mark. it's one of the emojis. several guys on my Xbox live friends list have a green check mark next to their name and I can assure you they are not devs. 

Message 2 of 4 (192 Views)

★ Guide
It's true there is no guarantee they were developers but would be cool if they were in the game with bounties on their heads. I don't know if they're still doing it but on Sea of Thieves the developers would play and their ship would have the Rare studio logo on it, if you were able to sink them then you could an exclusive in game item.
Message 3 of 4 (159 Views)

★ Guide
i do expect the dev to have at least 1-2 hours during their work day where they need to play the game to stay infrormed about how game played. basically a dream job
Message 4 of 4 (152 Views)