Re: Devs, Bangalore needs a buff.

by LunarWolfEclipse

Original Post

★ Guide

@MandatoryIDtag I saw something about faster reloads for AR and Sub that would be cool but the flashbang thing no, she uses smoke man, c'mon Wink

Message 71 of 84 (532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CAGOA33  Yeaaah yeaah, just spit balling here haha.

Besides revenant there's been a real lack of legends that are fun to play, i need something new to mix things up a bit.

Guess I'll just have to patiently wait for valk to appear. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 72 of 84 (525 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ResidualKing And still we are in season 6 and no love for Bangalore she needs a buff bad shes the only legend I like playing with and season after season all other legends get crazy skins , dive emotes, and skill buffs it truly is a slap in the face for Bangalore fans
Message 73 of 84 (495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Sir_NamedIve been playing Bangalore non-stop. I'm a high diamond player and win games consistently, but I can't speak from a predators perspective. Imo, her ult is as useless as it gets. Rolling Thunder's only application is to reposition or hold down an area to allow said repositioning, but its cooldown does not justify its poor impact and she's NOT a defensive character like Gibby to justify such an ult. There are better repositioning ults anyways, such as port, zipline, and jumpad that can let you move to a new area before Bangs missles even begin to detonate. Then, if your goal is to hold down an area you've got Caustic, Wattson, and Rampart that do that much more effectively. She's trying to be a jack of all trades with the ability to hold down a position while also offerering the choice to reposition, and this is hurting her overall performance. It genuinely sucks that she's an aggro legend, with even a speed boost to help catch up to someone if she wanted, but her ultimate does the complete opposite, holding her back and punishing her if she tries to push when it's down. Now, her passive is good, but it needs to be fixed. What I mean is, you could be inside a building and the enemy shoots at a teammate on the roof and the passive will trigger leaving you without a speed bonus when you really need it. Its activation conditions need to be more fine tuned than just the enemy bullet shot in proximity = activation. I've got 300+ hours as Bangalore alone and she honestly needs a better ult or a buff to it. Let the bang player decide when the missles detonate once they're down and that'll make people REALLY move back and think twice before challenging you. It'll definitely allow her to hold down an area and reposition if that's what they intended. Its cooldown is long enough to justify this change. Or simply give her a different ult that compliments her playstyle like they did for Mirage, I always loved playing Mirage but his ult did not compliment his purpose. These are just my observations and opinions, you are obviously free to disagree and explain why.

Message 74 of 84 (458 Views)

★★ Expert
@Ramon1363 I was on this thread a long time ago.

I would agree that the cooldown doesn’t 100% justify it.

Although I’d say it is a reposition ult, it differs from others.
It doesn’t make you faster, but it slows everyone else down. Therefore, it helps you reposition, but in a different way.

It also covers an incredibly large area, so it does get some good value there. I wouldn’t use it defensively, unless you are preventing a team from advancing on you. (Like if you finish a battle and you spot some people coming to third party you off in the distance.)

It doesn’t really matter if a character is classified as aggro or defensive, as their ult can pretty much be any combination of both. Take Gibby for example, his ult seems to be fairly aggro, yet he’s more defense/tanky.

Another thing to note, a “jack of all trades” is also a master of none. Bangalore is really flexible, but if your team is trying to run a certain playstyle, there are likely slightly better options.

If the passive is bugged, then oh well. Fix it I guess. If it works fine normally then it doesn’t need a buff.

Your idea is interesting, although there should be a long time limit, so that the Bangalore can’t just close off huge sections of land indefinitely.
Message 75 of 84 (440 Views)

★★ Novice

In my personal opinion, I do believe Bangalore is a very well balanced legend, I like her tactical and her ultimate is very good, although I feel it should cover a larger area and the bombs should have more range, they are missles after all. But I do believe she could use some tweaks. Take caustic for example, his tactical takes 30 secs for a single charge. And ha traps have priority, damage people over time, and can be disorienting, plus he has three charges compared to Bangalore’s 2 charges and his gas can last longer. So I think three charges of smoke would be nice, but not really necessary, a shorter cooldown though would be very much welcome, that smoke makes me feel like Batman when I use it and disappear 🦇. Let me just compare her tactical cool down to other legends, mirage, creates copies of himself out of light that he can control, and tell him where a shooter is at when shot, has a 15 second  cool down. Wraith who literally has the power to go into another dimension and be invincible for a few seconds, has a 25 second cool down, pathfinder, can grapple and quickly reposition himself or even slingshot himself any where, at most, 30 secs. Doesn’t make a lot of sense when she fires smoke, no superpowers, no super fancy tech or anything like that. So I just think her tactical should have a shorter cooldown, probably the 15 seconds like mirages. Now this part is just me thinking this would be cool, but I think it would be awsome if Bangalore could launch grenades, arc stars and thermites from her smoke launcher as well, it just sounds like fun, you could select the grenade you want using the wheel for the grenades and fire it using the tactical, it sounds like a lot of fun. Okay last thing, maybe, please give the bombs in rolling thunder more range, they are bombs falling from orbit, thy should have more range, also, maybe make it where when they impact with the ground they can stun nearby enimies, not hurt, but stun, like I said, it’s falling from orbit, it’s going to hit the ground hard. Now you could give the bombs in rolling thunder more range and that way you could make the ultimate cover a larger area, same amount of bombs but because of the increased range in each bombs explosion, you could increase the size of the area the bombs would fall in. Now on to the good, damaging people with Bangalore’s smoke, even knocking or killing them, so satisfying, plus that bombardment, so good for third partying, I mean really good for it. Alright, that’s all folks. 

Message 76 of 84 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Her Ultimate should change from a slow missile random poof show, to a bigger, more devastating version of her smoke grenades, namely a 5x cluster grenade of ELECTRIC SMOKE, as in five times the area of smoke, five times denser smoke (which digital threat can't pierce), AND it zaps shields by 20 points per second. Kinda like Caustic's ultimate, but... you know.

Now that would be a truly offensive ability. 

Message 77 of 84 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

For me, 2 changes to ultimate:

1. The missile drop act like mine field, so enemy touch/step on it, it will explode, stun and hurt them, so they have to carefully navigate it.

2. Bangelore move faster inside mine field so she can hunt the enemy like hungry predator inside the detonation zone. Imagine the pressure of being hunt down by Bangelore while have to navigate the mine field, and having gun fight (step to the mine), tremendous pressure. Remember, she is very aggresive legend !

Message 78 of 84 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LunarWolfEclipse:

Spoiler
I understand where you're coming from with increasing the area of effect (a.o.e) but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be too strong of a buff. Her ult would be devastating.

I don't see any reason why she couldn't have three charges for her tactical ability. 15 seconds might be too short if she's gonna have an extra charge. Someone remind me what it is atm?

Using her launcher to shoot grenades is an interesting concept. I'd say that would be more of a passive sounding ability. Speaking theoretically grenades would then probably have more power behind them so; further throw distance, shorter travel time and more damage if you hit someone with it.

If her ult were to have an increased range then you'd have to do the same for other legends to balance it out. I'd say that Gibbys ult has an even smaller range. And you argue Caustics ult under certain conditions.

@EryxApex:

Spoiler
Wasn't that a titan ability from Titanfall? You never know we could get something like that. From what you're saying it would be function like Caustics gas but do shield damage like Cryptos EMP. While I'd love to see something like that in the game to mess with digi threats it would probably be too overpowered.

@asukojo:

Spoiler

I really like the mine field idea. As people always rush around especially when pushing. It would look pretty good as well. If people didn't like it imagine if they kept her current ult but made it so you couldn't run through the missles xD I can picture it now. Pure anarchy. 

My inner Revenant agrees with your hungry predator idea! I hope they run. I like when they run  would definitely make playing her more fun. I'm waiting for an ultra aggressive legend to main.

Edit: Put in the spoiler tags just to decrease the post size a little.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 79 of 84 (331 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@asukojo I think you are right you should be able to reload faster she is a professional soldier after all
Message 80 of 84 (258 Views)