Original Post

Re: Dev update on cheaters and spammers

★ Apprentice

yea i can't play this until its cheat proof

it is torture

Message 141 of 171 (1,093 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After 5 games yesterday and 4 this morning, the one game I won literally had both of the guys on my team talking openly about what programs they were using, where to get them, how to get them safely, how to make tons of email addresses fast, you name it. 

The other 8 games I spectated the person that killed me. In 6 of those the guy that killed me was using an aimbot. 5 of those were both wall hacks and aimbot. One was an obvious speed hack. 

There's literally no point in playing if nearly every single game is being won by hackers. This game will die off and be known as a game that could have been truly epic, but was neglected in the cheating department. It's a shame, truly. 

Message 142 of 171 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

2 weeks ago, around 1 cheater every 4-5 games, today and last evening i reported 1 almost every game :D

Message 143 of 171 (947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They are not doing anything about the cheaters and if they are, they are failing miserably at it...even in cheater forums they are the laughing stock(making a video about the reality of cheaters in pc gaming, I am just tired of videogame companies pretending to be doing something or pretending that they don't have the fix for the problem)

Message 144 of 171 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Diablotil wrote:

They are not doing anything about the cheaters and if they are, they are failing miserably at it...even in cheater forums they are the laughing stock(making a video about the reality of cheaters in pc gaming, I am just tired of videogame companies pretending to be doing something or pretending that they don't have the fix for the problem)

I know that in a game with no anticheat 1 out of 3 people would cheat. I played many games which were like this.

So the question is, are anticheats good enough to prevent the 1/3 of the gamers that would cheat if they could?

And from my experience anticheats are not good enough.

And legit players dont help either. Because they go buy games that dont have an anticheat at all. For example EA removed punkbuster completely from the 2 last Battlefields and people rushed to buy them. (fairfight is like you dont have an anticheat at all).

So there is no point for a company to try and fight cheating if they make money even without fighting it. If gamers gave their money carefully only to companies that fight cheating, then Im sure, you would get permabaned even for trying to open Windows Microsoft Paint while the game was running.

Message 145 of 171 (882 Views)

★★★ Expert

@AhoyDrogon wrote:

I love that Ea_Darko has auto commented about cheaters on another EA post. A brilliant display on the rules of bots not applying to moderators. 

Actually you're mistaken.

If you go to settings, there is an option for "macros" where you can set pre-written replies for commonly discussed topics like "is X cheating?" 

warslag uses it all the time.

These options are accessible to CM's and users alike, so there's no foul play here.

Message 146 of 171 (812 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The amount of hacks today has been un-freaking-real.....  For almost 3 hours we ran into nothing but aim and wall hacks.  This is beyond ridiculous guys come on....  The amount of hacking that is still going on is ruining a great game.....

Message 147 of 171 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

100% agree it is really bad right now literally hakcer after hacker every game.

Message 148 of 171 (731 Views)

★ Guide

i havnt played since yesterday and i was in heaven please dont tell me PC side is messed up with botters and peopel deleting everyone again.

Message 149 of 171 (719 Views)

★★★ Guide
@LockOutz_YT The game is messed up with botters and cheaters. It doesn't matter if they bann 1 million accounts. Those people already have 10 other accounts set up to cheat anyways. As long as Respawn doesn't introduce 2-step verification and bann the number/authenticator behind the cheating account, nothing will change.
Message 150 of 171 (493 Views)