Re: Dev update on cheaters and spammers

by RRP_

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

When are you going to fix config cheats like disabling smokes?

Message 111 of 171 (534 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There are more and more cheater now in Europe server... 700K banned and 1 million more created?I am at the verge of quitting?

Message 112 of 171 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please respawn, just region lock china.

Message 113 of 171 (492 Views)

Champion

Today, this situation is really really bad.

Rampant, yes, rampant.

In 1 game, both of my teammates are cheat sellers.

Oh, I don't think they are selling cookies. Wondering

Message 114 of 171 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

today, just today, i'm so sick of asia server with so many cheaters going crazy, i change to NA server for a change and hope there's no cheaters.
But my hope are just a hope, they even show up here, the same aimbot and no eyes aiming. thanks dev.

Message 115 of 171 (470 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Hey all, in the blog post last week, I mentioned we’d have an update on anti-cheat for Apex on PC. We’ve got some updated stats and some interesting tidbits on things we’re doing.

We’ve been working closely with key experts across EA including: EA Security and Fraud, the Origin teams, our fellow developers at DICE, FIFA, and Capital Games, in addition to Easy-Anti-Cheat. While we’ve already rolled out several updates (and will be continually doing so for the foreseeable future), others will take time to fully implement.

While we can’t share details on what we’re doing so as to not give a head’s up to the cheat makers, what we can say is that we’re attacking this from every angle, from improvements to detecting cheaters, bolstering resources and tools, to improving processes and other sneaky things to combat sellers and cheaters. We can share some high level stats of progress that’s been made:

• The recently added in-game reporting tool has had a big impact on discovering new cheats, including previously undetectable cheats that are now being found automatically via EAC

• Total bans are now at 770K players

• We have blocked over 300K account creations

• We have banned over 4,000 cheat seller accounts (spammers) in the last 20 days

• Total affected matches on PC impacted by cheaters or spammers has been reduced by over half in the last month due to recent efforts

We take cheating in Apex incredibly serious and have a large amount of resources tackling it from a variety of angles. It is a constant war with the cheat makers that we will continue to fight.

We’ll be back next week with an update on another one of the issues called out in last week’s post. In the meantime, there have been a number of reports of the missing close footsteps audio on Reddit. We have only seen a few videos of those situations, so if you could please include video with your post illustrating the issue that will be a big help for us in ensuring we can fix the problem.

-Drew

(Source)

... """On PC"""... Do you guys plan on doing anything about this on the PS4?? 

Im here to tell you there are many modding/exploiting/cheating players on PS4 playing apex. 

I have videos of people useing many different kinds of mods that i havnt aeen since call of duty games.

People shooting completely thru rocks, steel buildings, ect, auto locating mods(no bloodhounds. They just seem to "know" exactly where your at... Without ever seeing you..., auto aim, speed boost(without bangalore or octane) instant reloading, zero swap weapon shot delay, and more then 250hp/shield on none gibraltors. Just 5 minutes ago i shot a lifeline for 258 damage point blank and got one shot... They just ran off like nothing happend. People dealing one shot 200+ damage shots with guns that do not what so ever even hit more then 30 damage a single shot.

Its ridiculous. But instead of do anything about it im sure the same bs "ps4 cant be modded or hacked" statements will be made. Which is hillarious to say or believe. 

Message 116 of 171 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

[Removed by CM]

Message 117 of 171 (413 Views)

★ Guide

I kept waiting for a good time to return to this game but it just seems not worth it, probably the remainder of this whole year. I still remember my original suggestion almost 3 months ago regarding adding phone number verification to new account creations but it just seems EA/Respawn doesn't care enough. The whole Origin thing is so bad, i would uninstall it in an instant if it weren't for Apex, worst launcher ever and worst way of adding friends. 

I played right after the update and met cheaters, usually with every "bigger" update the game felt cleaner and i felt like i was doing way better than usual, but not the case this time, because it seems lately cheaters are catching up to you EAC and it's like they just became immune to your system.

I don't know what to expect from this game anymore, i would play it night and day outside of work and real life, but it seems like you're just not pouring enough resources into tackling the biggest experience ruining problem of all -cheating.

You're not even willing to try and massively reduce new hacker accounts by the simple phone number verification. EVERYBODY has a phone number nowadays, even the kids you are using to inflate your playerbase numbers (although you think they don't have and that's why you don't implement).

Let the 5 year olds play Fortnite and get serious about your game, for serious people. Implement that damn phone number verification already

Message 118 of 171 (362 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Eh, phone verification is cancer.  Instead they would achieve the same effect by simply making the game cost $20 or something

Message 119 of 171 (357 Views)

★★★ Guide

They need to do something because the amount of cheaters is becoming worse not better...

Message 120 of 171 (350 Views)