Re: Dev update on cheaters and spammers

by Uncl3Psych0

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

And yet again they will make new accounts and do it all over again. Having a Groundhog Day.

Message 51 of 171 (857 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I love that Ea_Darko has auto commented about cheaters on another EA post. A brilliant display on the rules of bots not applying to moderators. 

On a separate note...the Anticheat is broken. I can confirm this. Every game for the last three days has had a champion at a level <40 and not taken out throughout the game. Sniped by R-99's at long range in full auto (I have never encountered that until now). Any given match has an immediate chance of being Lasered down in seconds without any chance to respond (only headshots can do this). 

I am also fairly certain that lag switching has become a new epidemic as I have had terrible lag on Apex in most matches despite having perfect connections to other games on Steam and battlefield. 

Message 52 of 171 (844 Views)

★★★ Guide

@AhoyDrogon 

Yes, the CM here was really talented aren't they ? Yes what could you say about them, they will not give you a happy repsonse except the offical words.

Lagging - it is very quite serious nowadays, and not like Battlenet, Blizzard would soon give out some words on the slightest server issue with some generous compensation such as game coins or packs.

I mean EA must think they are far more superior than their competitors, yet they would not dare to be generous just would not dare to accept the truth that they are doing far worse at many things than their competitors.

Message 53 of 171 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

please do more frequent updates on the anti cheat don't let these [Removed - CM] cheaters gets weeks of play like this.

mobile registration  (get ban list of free sms numbers online,  only unqiue mobile numbers)

matchmaking for higher level accounts new accounts should not me matched with veterans  ( so we don't see noobs or cheaters, protect your core gaming base from [Removed - CM] experience)

stat tracking on new accounts with crazy accuracy %  (accuracy only based when enemies are on screen, so they can't shoot randomly to lower their accuracy %)

process tracking inside origin clent like the blizzard agent.exe

[Removed - CM] they are damaging your game i want to quit cause of all the aimbots i see.  i won't support this game till the hacks are fixed i'm sure a lot of other players feel like this.

buy the cheats reverse engineer and identify weakness in engine

i would pay 20usd for this game, make cheaters who lose accounts have to pay 20usd each time.

cheating needs to be number one priority before anything else.

EA_Blueberry: Edited response from ALL CAPS (Comes off as shouting)

Message 54 of 171 (738 Views)

★★ Novice

Are their any plans to implement a verification system? Adding in like verification through phone numbers could put another wrench in their account creation process.

Also, to make this less incumbent on the player base, it could be an optional extra that makes you at least "more likely" to play with other verified accounts.

This way, hackers play with hackers... and those members that don't mind associating their phone number with their account get a better gaming experience on average.

Message 55 of 171 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Skillet37 

One thing I do not understand is what is the point not to have phone verification ?

Nowadays in China, every account you created is linked to your phone number. It is actually already became a complete substitute for email address.

For any Internet service you register, just fill in your phone number, then you get a verification code by SMS, then done. How simple and elegant.

You order food delivery, you order supermarket delivery, any online shopping platform, gaming accounts, taxi service, and any website and apps, just use your phone to register, it is simple and secure.

In fact, I think that's how you extend your real life identity to the Internet world. I think we don't need email address for those things. We are just using Internet to enjoy services, and how we do this is have a phone number, then everything is done. You could get anything with this number.

I believe things should be pretty much the same in US but I am not sure. In my impressions things are still pretty much linked to your email address in the west.

Message 56 of 171 (772 Views)

★★ Novice

@TJ400000 Because respawn has to cater to under age people. Your average 10 year old is not going to have a mobile phone... where they can certainly have an email address.

Western society (Australia at least) definitely ties a lot of their account stuff to phone numbers.

Message 57 of 171 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Skillet37 

Well then let's just get rid off those millions of 10 years old player base.

They should not play FPS at this age that we all agree. It does no good for them, for their family, for the physical and mental health as well, it is a drug for their age.

Also they do lots of damage to the majority of the player base. They use cheat, then get banned, then recreate accounts, use lots of server resources, causing lagging, even servers down.

One simple solution, as someone just mentioned, those that had phone verified, play on normal servers.

Those that don't have phone verified, play on another type of servers.

OMG I am a genius. Nope that guy is a genius.

OMG that guy is you I just realized. I think it might be necessary to make a seperate post highlighting this perfect solution for Apex.

Just now I thought what it would be like to have people all around the world to add phone vetification on Origin.

Then I checked Agoda, Booking and TripAdvisor, they all have phone linking service. So I see that all international service provider could achieve this.

So for 10 years old guy who want to play on a proper server, he must get a phone number. If he got banned, then he must find another phone number in order to play properly. If he cannot find a number, then just play with other unverified players. It would be good for both EA and the players.

Message 58 of 171 (757 Views)

★ Apprentice

Best joke ever. I pretty sure this "770k" things made up.
I added a guy in my friend list(to see how easily he gets ban) that is cheating since I met him a month ago is still cheating in every game.
Ha ha very funny what a joke.

Message 59 of 171 (733 Views)

★★★ Guide

@jaayel 

Yes, pretty much a joke especially here in Asia. The champion you see it lots of games are still a typical cheater's ID, in fact a cheat seller's ID, the ID that is same as a spamming bots.

Then you start to think, another game dominated by hacks. How many games already ? 100 ? 150 ? 200 ?

To those good players in NA and EU, they don't really know what's going on in Asia.

To us in Asia, yes we could say this is my 181th game in Apex that ruined by a cheater ( probably also a cheat seller ) .

So now I see how people in Asia never had any faith in EA. It is just like EA is protecting cheat industry in Asia.

There is a Chinese saying: " If you can't beat something, you could always run away from it. "

So I think it make sense. If EA cannot beat cheaters, then EA could always run away from it without making an effective move to eliminating them.

Message 60 of 171 (726 Views)