Re: Dev update on cheaters and spammers

by Communist1939

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@TJ400000 wrote:

I haven't finished reading but only here,

" We have blocked over 300K account creations "

To me, there is like those crazy IDs with cheating club titles followed by 8 RANDOM ODD NUMBERS are much less than before, because it used to be, you know, 300K of them on Taiwan servers, now there are definitely not as much as 300K. Just kidding, I think those old familiar spammer IDs are a lot less but I think, it is still, very essential to have a report system for spammers during the legend select phase.

I see almost none of this particular hacker nickname "ach**ng12345678." A month ago there were quite a lot of this ach**ng12345678 guy. These last couple of weeks I only saw 1 ach**ng.

Also the hacking is spreading to other countries as well not just from China. EA / Respawn might claim that they ban cheater / hacker over the past few weeks but the number is not reduced,  it is still the same, more than 1 hacker in every match.

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Hey all, in the blog last week, I mentioned we’d have an update on anti-cheat for Apex on PC. We’ve got some updated stats and some interesting tidbits on things we’re doing.

• Total affected matches on PC impacted by cheaters or spammers has been reduced by over half in the last month due to recent effort

-Drew

(Source)

Yes, spammer is almost gone completely, good job I guess?

But hackers are still going strong, their number is still the same, more than 1 hacker in every match, so it's not reduced at least not in asian servers.

Message 11 of 171 (1,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Devs pls check this out.

[Removed by CM]

Message 12 of 171 (1,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

upgrade spectating mode.  let us switch to another person while spectating so we can make a report about real cheater too and ban quantity will reach to 1770k

Message 13 of 171 (1,452 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes they need to allow us to toggle different players in the team that killed us to report the proper player.

I also had a few games today that had cheaters, all random names too... just jumbled letters and numbers...
Message 14 of 171 (1,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This is how to rollout an update and fight the honest fight. We truly appreciate the details you can provide. A lot of us have been checking out the forums here and there more than actually playing Apex. I know I want to get back onto Apex! This is really reassuring.

I know I've been too much of a skeptic at times, if I misjudged anyone, I'm sorry. If not, I hope you got banned- flatout. I was just trying to do my part as well. The devs surely have spent sleepless nights solving this. I applaud you guys for the hard work, this game is special- keep it up! :eahigh_file:

Message 15 of 171 (1,433 Views)

Thanks for the update!

Always cool to see a blog posts pop up and by reading the comments people appreciate the work that is put into the anti-cheat.
Big step forward :eahigh_file:

Zeelmaekers

@Latrix14 wrote:

Devs pls check this out.

[Link Video]

Hey @Latrix14 

If you want to report a cheater with video evidence, you can report them here:
https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 16 of 171 (1,386 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your efforts, could you pls make it possible for us to report players who wins the game/match, after they have got their last kill they cannot be reported anymore, pls fix this thank you. And bcs of that I could not ban this squad/bangalore, pls make sure to ban or check this players out, they are cheating their ears off. Thank you! 

Message 17 of 171 (1,371 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, please do not share links to any cheats you may see as doing so is technically a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

From here on out, any sharing of videos or naming of users and accusing them of cheating or linking to cheating sites will result in bans.

If you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 18 of 171 (27,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im not reporting a hacker with video evidence, i'm reporting a hacker advertising a hacking website that sells apex hacks
Message 19 of 171 (1,321 Views)

Community Manager

It does not matter if it is a player or a website you are reporting @Latrix14. as neither is allowed on AHQ.

You can use the link I posted above to report the website selling hacks.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 20 of 171 (1,319 Views)