Re: Dev update on cheaters and spammers

by TheImmortalEnt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dev update on cheaters and spammers

Community Manager

Hey all, in the blog post last week, I mentioned we’d have an update on anti-cheat for Apex on PC. We’ve got some updated stats and some interesting tidbits on things we’re doing.

We’ve been working closely with key experts across EA including: EA Security and Fraud, the Origin teams, our fellow developers at DICE, FIFA, and Capital Games, in addition to Easy-Anti-Cheat. While we’ve already rolled out several updates (and will be continually doing so for the foreseeable future), others will take time to fully implement.

While we can’t share details on what we’re doing so as to not give a head’s up to the cheat makers, what we can say is that we’re attacking this from every angle, from improvements to detecting cheaters, bolstering resources and tools, to improving processes and other sneaky things to combat sellers and cheaters. We can share some high level stats of progress that’s been made:

• The recently added in-game reporting tool has had a big impact on discovering new cheats, including previously undetectable cheats that are now being found automatically via EAC

• Total bans are now at 770K players

• We have blocked over 300K account creations

• We have banned over 4,000 cheat seller accounts (spammers) in the last 20 days

• Total affected matches on PC impacted by cheaters or spammers has been reduced by over half in the last month due to recent efforts

We take cheating in Apex incredibly serious and have a large amount of resources tackling it from a variety of angles. It is a constant war with the cheat makers that we will continue to fight.

We’ll be back next week with an update on another one of the issues called out in last week’s post. In the meantime, there have been a number of reports of the missing close footsteps audio on Reddit. We have only seen a few videos of those situations, so if you could please include video with your post illustrating the issue that will be a big help for us in ensuring we can fix the problem.

-Drew

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 171 (26,957 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, please do not share links to any cheats you may see as doing so is technically a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

From here on out, any sharing of videos or naming of users and accusing them of cheating or linking to cheating sites will result in bans.

If you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 171 (27,932 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Awesome news! Now i'm feeling great to hear this. Thank you Respawn for doing good job but i always hate you guys. Keep it up!

Message 2 of 171 (26,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Thank you for the update, very much appreciated. I love this game and can't wait to see it thrive. Gonna be funny watching all those who turned their backs on this game come crawling back. Stayin' loyal to this battle royale. Go Apex!!

Message 3 of 171 (26,920 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the update.  Is there a reason why the devs will not post this information here?  Why does it have to be copy and pasted from reddit?

Message 4 of 171 (26,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

I haven't finished reading but only here,

" We have blocked over 300K account creations "

To me, there is like those crazy IDs with cheating club titles followed by 8 RANDOM ODD NUMBERS are much less than before, because it used to be, you know, 300K of them on Taiwan servers, now there are definitely not as much as 300K. Just kidding, I think those old familiar spammer IDs are a lot less but I think, it is still, very essential to have a report system for spammers during the legend select phase.

Message 5 of 171 (26,887 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thank you to Respawn and EAC for all their efforts in stamping out cheating in Apex! Those numbers are astounding! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 171 (26,881 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
Excellent. Make sure to patch wallhacks by using misinformation. In dota 2, the way they patched maphacks was blocking the client from sending information players were not suppose to see. Maybe in apex you can use fake characters showing up behind walls and objects that players are not suppose to see?
Message 7 of 171 (26,862 Views)

★ Guide

That is an insane amount of people trying to cheat. Just play the game people..my goodness..

Thank you for the update! You guys have a great thing going. Standard smile Keep at it!

Message 8 of 171 (26,855 Views)

★★★ Guide

@TheImmortalEnt 

Actually what I've always been wondering is if the speedhack was a bug before ? Now there is no speedhacks, how wonderful !

Message 9 of 171 (26,841 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry  thanks for the update...

I hope you'll see my reply, something I ran into just a few days ago was a cheater on my team of random players.

Most of the talk I've noticed on the forum has been directed at trying to compete against the cheaters and have a fair fight in the game, but now the idea of playing random and getting one of these cheaters on your team, helping you to elevate your Points, Levels, and even Win the game through cheating...

How sad, to have a cheater on your team, that you can't tell is cheating, and you Win the game through cheating... Frown

Message 10 of 171 (26,815 Views)