Dev Update on GW2 Live Service

by Shaun_Popcap

Original Post

Re: Dev Update on GW2 Live Service

★★ Novice

Is there any plan to change the achievement requirements to keep them obtainable? At the very least you could talk to Microsoft about it as some other games (notably rainbow six siege) had theirs changed to prevent unobtainable status

Message 21 of 136 (2,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Great job not giving us a 30 day notice like shutting down a major service like community events.... way to break your own terms...

According to your own terms you should have continued to provide service, and let us know 30 days before discontinuing ANYTHING

"EA may terminate any EA Service at any time by giving at least thirty days' notice either via email (if available), within the affected EA Service, or on the service updates page of EA's website (https://www.ea.com/service-updates). After online service termination, no software updates will be applied to our games and we can't guarantee our mobile games will continue be available for download via iCloud (or other applicable cloud services). Any games available via iCloud after online service termination may be removed from iCloud without further notice to you."

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Message 22 of 136 (2,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, EA. You've got a great shot at winning the worst customer service medal again this year. It's only January and you've already burned us without real notice. Can you please reconsider and keep the servers up for a month or two cycling nothing but the community achievement events so people have a chance to get them?

Message 23 of 136 (2,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Shaun_Popcap Bull...you easily could have given more warning and you can be telling me that the last boss hunt didn’t bring back a lot of people and some added revenue. Either change the achievements requirements or bring back boss hunt and community challenges for a couple more months.
Message 24 of 136 (2,424 Views)

★★ Novice

You probably should stop actively advertising them if you aren't going to be supporting the GW2 product anymore!

Message 25 of 136 (2,413 Views)

★ Guide

You really have to wonder why EA continuously release games and DLC with online trophies that require them to continue supporting their products beyond the standard online servers. It's a trend with EA and has been the cause of almost every unobtainable trophy/achievement in most of their games. I've been burnt by Tiger Woods 2013, NFS: The Run, Army of Two, and had a narrow escape with this Dante's Inferno, Battlefield Bad Company and this game (luckily I managed to complete the last Boss Hunt 2 hours before it ended after playing many hours for 5 days straight). It's almost as if they purposely put these trophies in their game in the hope of forcing people to buy their next version, but all it does for most of us is lowers our opinion of them and makes us very wary of purchasing the next game, in fact, I've completely sworn off all their sport franchise game because of it.

Message 26 of 136 (2,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@AcePhoenyx2 wrote:

Is there any plan to change the achievement requirements to keep them obtainable? At the very least you could talk to Microsoft about it as some other games (notably rainbow six siege) had theirs changed to prevent unobtainable status

Would definitely think this is the best solution. As Marky said the terms you set up were not adhered to which is causing a lot of unhappy people. Many have said giving at least one more month of Community Events and even a Boss Hunt would satiate those that feel blindsided by this bomb dropped out of nowhere. 

Message 27 of 136 (2,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Agreed Ace...

if they cant give us a 30 day notice, they could at least give the community one more event and boss event as a "good bye" to the game.

But that would be asking too much. I will never touch the newer game until something like this is done. This is terrible customer service. I hope people take this to the Better Business Bureau 

Message 28 of 136 (2,292 Views)

Champion

Ending community challenges and some of the other events are a problem to many people - either because it was a sudden occurrence, people were really enjoying it, or are missing out on particular achievements. With me, all of those applies! Disappointed

So, I'm hoping that this does get looked at and we have a bit more time to work on these before truly saying goodbye - it means people are aware that these events are going to be discontinued and people can work out what they need to complete! Standard smile

Message 29 of 136 (2,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Very disappointed. I was working on other achievements and not the community challenges. 

I would have appreciated a head's up or a 30-day notice like you so proudly state that you give.

Just another EA disappointment. Please make this right, EA.

Message 30 of 136 (2,050 Views)