Re: Dev Update on GW2 Live Service

by Absolthedark1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to postpone or give us a couple more months? You guys always shut servers or features down and give no warning. Or at the very least make it to where the achievements can be obtained another way.

Message 31 of 136 (2,431 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since you've given us no notice, at the very least change the achievement requirements for the community challenges or make them unlock upon launching the game 

Message 32 of 136 (2,394 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Shaun_Popcap What are the chances the unobtainable achievements will be adjusted?
Message 33 of 136 (2,354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That was very sudden to deactivate the community challenges without warning. This will cause two achievements to be unobtainable. This only happens with EA games I’ve noticed. I am used to getting a warning to complete the achievements before they are shut It down. It would have been a better fan service to do that.

Message 34 of 136 (2,325 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Shaun_Popcap U guys didnt even bother to give us paying customers a month heads up...? How hard would that have been? Add it to the list of head scratching decisions over there -_-
Message 35 of 136 (2,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just started playing this game and just hit 100% trophies in the main game, I was about to start paying the DLC to get 100% too to find it may be locked out, if they are going to stop supporting it they should change the trophy / achievement parameters. All my games are at 100% (aside from this and another one I am working on at the moment) over 100 and this lack of support will ruin this, not good enough!!!   

Message 36 of 136 (2,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What ever happened to giving a notice period before discontinuing something that is going to render achievemenrts unobtainable?

I'll tell you what happened. Real low-life day to day take the money and run crowds infiltrated development teams employed by the likes of EA and then do as they can to screw over all players necessary to make it to the top. No morals, no code. Nothing.

We paid for this * and this is the thanks we get?

Message 37 of 136 (2,268 Views)

Champion

I'm mostly surprised that we didn't receive any kind of notice for the discontinuing of the community challenges and some of the mystery portal events, apparently there's a 30 day notice for EA to let players know before cancelling or discontinuing a feature. I only have one achievement to get in GW2 on the Xbox One, to win a boss hunt in the mystery portal on Crazy, I'm not sure how I'm going to do that if this gets discontinued! I'm DESPERATE for it! I've always wanted to win in Crazy - I'm not sure if I'm going to get a chance any more! 

What about the other players? It's fine that you discontinued these events, but there are some players who now can't obtain these achievements - I hope this gets looked at! Bringing back these events for a limited time with notice or changing the achievements so they can be obtained still would help these stressed players who really want them! For instance, winning a Crazy Boss Hunt in the Mystery Portal - what if it was changed so it can also work for Captain Smasher or the Royal Hypno-Flower? Or with the Community Challenges and opening chests, what if Mystery Portal chests count as well now?

Well, GW2 was a great game (and still is), so I'm hoping something happens in regards to these achievement troubles? Fingers crossedStandard smile

Message 38 of 136 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Shaun_Popcap Everyone else is mentioning it, but what about the achievements?? A huge portion of us wants to be able to get them before they're gone forever. Please consider doing something about this
Message 39 of 136 (2,251 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm here to ask that you please consider holding community events and that you have at least one more boss hunt.  I just want to echo what everyone else is saying and ask that you please don't discontinue these events.

Message 40 of 136 (2,203 Views)