Re: Dev Update on GW2 Live Service

by Meadoz

Original Post

Dev Update on GW2 Live Service

EA Plants vs. Zombies Team

Hey everyone,

I know you've been anxious to hear an update re: Garden Warfare 2 events. This post will clarify what you can expect from the title going forward.

• Mystery Portal: The Mystery Portal is NOT closed down permanently. The Mystery Portal will now open the first Tuesday of every month and be operational for 2 weeks. For example in February the Mystery Portal will open on the 4th before closing on the 17th  and then opening again on March 3rd and shutting down on the 16th.”
  • Rux: Rux's Store will continue rotating offers to players.
  • Community Challenges: Community Challenges have been deactivated in GW2. Unfortunately we'll be unable to support these going forward.
  • Hero Showcase: Similar to Community Challenges, we'll be unable to support Hero Showcase functions going forward. 

We’re very proud of what we accomplished since launching GW2 in February 2016. Thanks for being one of the best communities out there… we’re super lucky!

Thanks,

-sl

Message 1 of 136 (17,139 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 136 (17,026 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Shaun_Popcap Thank you for updating us! GW2 was absolutely amazing and I for one cannot wait to see this franchise continue to grow!
Message 3 of 136 (17,022 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@Shaun_Popcap Thanks for the update at least we know now. Does that mean that support that was doing that will now be working on bfn stuff now?
Message 4 of 136 (16,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Shaun_PopcapThank you! GW2 has been a lot of fun. Hopefully this could mean that there will be more people working on BFN

Message 5 of 136 (16,915 Views)

@Shaun_Popcap 

I hope you will consider adding the Special designation hats from the Community Challenges to the RUX rotation for the benefit of newer players.

Message 6 of 136 (16,906 Views)

★★ Pro
@Shaun_Popcap Thanks PopCap for keeping GW2 alive for all these years, we all appreciate it.

For me, this was one of the best games of the decade. Thank you for the amazing moments GW2. F.
Message 7 of 136 (16,827 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Shaun_Popcap Thank you for updating us.
I'm saddened to hear Community Challenges can't be supported any longer & that Town Hall events are greatly reduced.

I'm relieved that they haven't ceased fully however, and would respectfully ask that you do all you can to get Boss Hunts & Cats vs Dinos included for those who need the achievements??

Thank you for ensuring Rux will remain operational & for an amazing game.
Message 8 of 136 (16,825 Views)

Champion

@Shaun_Popcap  Thanks for keeping us updated! Thumbs up

Message 9 of 136 (16,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@PineapplePianoHere's hoping we don't die at Neighborville. Seems likely at the rate we're going.

Message 10 of 136 (16,715 Views)