Re: Deluxe Edition Armor sets

by NthnDarkstar

Original Post

Deluxe Edition Armor sets

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

As we all know, we received multiple extra's from the Deluxe Edition. Two of which are the armor sets Scavenger and Deep Space Explorer, but whereas the weapons are upgradable I noticed the armor pieces are not. Is this a bug? Or are they not meant to be ugraded? 

Message 1 of 6 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Deep Space Explorer is crazy good early, even midgame: armor: +5% weapon damage, +15% XP bonus on encounters

Add to it a freebie helmet from andromeda initiative site that beside +10% XP bonus also boosts shields +4% and you're leveling up like crazy.

It's borderline overpowered - if it was upgradeable it'd make it pay2win thing and we don't want that, right?

Lategame, especially if you'll use another overpowered thing (bioconverter aug), if you didn't pick Life Support on lv 6 of Team Support tech tree and don't use one low cooldown spammable tech "spell", you should switch to remnant armor with health/shield regen bonus anyway.

Scavenger armor is basically useless - you'll have tons of $ all the time even without it. It'd be better if the bonus was more materials/minerals while looting.

Message 2 of 6 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fair enough of course, but I wouldn't want to see the added special bonuses get upgrades. Because, as you said, that would become borderline OP. Much rather see them get slight upgrades in damage resistance. Or maybe just give the simple option of re-developing them may one accidentally (or purposely, since we do not have a storage chest or anything) sell or deconstruct them. Since, let's be honest. That Scavenger set with the special Pathfinder helmet that we get, would look super sexy. 

Message 3 of 6 (700 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hate to break it to you, but there's no such thing as 'pay to win' in a single player game. Nothing in the single player affects the MP so the only person being affected by the bonus (or lack thereof) of the pre-order items and AI helm is the person playing the single-player portion of the game. It would be amazing if the bonus items scaled all the way to end-game, not simply Pathfinder item X, but actual scaling into a level 130 item (XV) I was a little disappointed that NONE of the items do this.

Message 4 of 6 (688 Views)

★★★ Novice

You have a fair point, I agree with you whole heartedly. In fact, I have composed a list of possible solutions to the problem of the armor sets either not being able to be developed further and/or again, or not even being able to get them back may you have decided to get rid of it. But this is my first time on the forum and I don't know wether or not I should post it here, or make a whole new post with the list? What would you recommend? 

Message 5 of 6 (683 Views)

★ Guide

@JoxerTM22 wrote:

Deep Space Explorer is crazy good early, even midgame: armor: +5% weapon damage, +15% XP bonus on encounters

Add to it a freebie helmet from andromeda initiative site that beside +10% XP bonus also boosts shields +4% and you're leveling up like crazy.

It's borderline overpowered - if it was upgradeable it'd make it pay2win thing and we don't want that, right?

Lategame, especially if you'll use another overpowered thing (bioconverter aug), if you didn't pick Life Support on lv 6 of Team Support tech tree and don't use one low cooldown spammable tech "spell", you should switch to remnant armor with health/shield regen bonus anyway.

Scavenger armor is basically useless - you'll have tons of $ all the time even without it. It'd be better if the bonus was more materials/minerals while looting.

absolutely right i just arrive at kadara with lvl 45 i have used only the deep space set with the iniciative helmet and plan to use it til the end of the game for me is the best set to use  

Message 6 of 6 (678 Views)