Re: Defensive Play

by IceLion68

Original Post

Defensive Play

★★★ Newbie

Why do you guys constantly give ways for guys to score, while completely gutting the defensive side of the ice. I can't hit anyone in front of the net, NET BATTLE or I get a 2 min interference penalty. Now, if I do hit a guy with the puck coming in, don't worry, he can fall to the ice while making a play. Defense really doesn't exist in this game, only ways to score.

Message 1 of 3 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I mean there ARE ways to defend but the problem is there is a big skill gap - and in 23 it seems like an even bigger one - between scoring and preventing scoring (for both dmen and goalies).

e.g.: Poke checking requires exquisite timing, facing the right direction, aiming your poke check...(and looks like in 23 you willing one shot only to do it) and then more often than not you get "rewarded" by poking the puck off the guys stick only to have it go directly and immediately to the next opponents stick. Meanwhile dudes with One Tee need only to park in the face off circle and hold up on RS and wait for a pass.

To say nothing of what goalies have been going thorough this year with no meaningful counters to things like heatseeker or close quarters

It's an egregious skill requirement mismatch

Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

In 23 we can look forward to more of the same, but worse. Lacrosse pass/goal Zone abilities, puck carrier speed boost, poke checking being nerfed into oblivion (I agree they needed to fix the spamming issue but they went ridiculously too far, a single poke check should not reduce my guys speed by 1/3).

Message 3 of 3 (264 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help