Re: Death on Water & Revive Mechanics

by Aipyx

Original Post

Death on Water & Revive Mechanics

Champion

In BF4, I remember that you couldn't be revived if you died on water. In contrast, in BF1, you were able to be revived just the same as if you died on land.

For BFV, if you die on the water, then you should be able to be revived. However, the revive time should be reduced by say, half. This is because you'd be drowning and if you're knocked unconscious and waiting for a revive, then you should be dying faster since you can't breathe. Thoughts?

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 4 (825 Views)

★★★★ Novice

BfV is going for bigger realism so far, I don’t think revieving someone in water is realistic? Perhaps some animation of the player dragning him up first, But that only works if the other player died at a shore!

Message 2 of 4 (718 Views)

Champion

@Aipyx I think it is realistic to revive someone in water, but yeah, they can drag them to shore. That's why we have lifeguards!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 4 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think that if the player is in player depth water then yes, you should br able to drag them up. But if the water is deep, in a real senario Why would you take the time and effort? It would Also be cool with an animation when dragning a player up on the shore from the water! But it’s probaly alot of work but so far Ea has Done alot allready for bfV so Perhaps we Will see soon!

Message 4 of 4 (684 Views)