Re: Death Star Assault !

by ChadSquadron88

Original Post

★★ Guide

@GloriousRuse wrote:

Luke would choose a bomber, ignore Vader’s lasers with his mighty tank, blow up the Death Star one subsystem at a time, and then die only to respawn seconds later and do it all again. 

Truly, the stuff of movies.

Sorry but... Nonsense...

Maybe it would be your type of games... Not mine, not ours, for sure...

Just try to speak constructive.

This is the way. 

Please dear devs, community managers, pilots and more, consider and support !

May The Force Be With You, Always... 

Message 41 of 63 (834 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ChadSquadron88

Assuming that this game is “your type of game”, then I can assure you that that is in fact how a Death Star assault would play out in “your type of game”. Because that is how this game plays out consistently.

Extraordinarily durable ships - particularly bombers - take comparatively short one way trips to the target, blow it up incrementally, die, and win by virtue of playing Space Somme better.

There is no reasonable reason to believe players and teams would change that pattern whether we call that target a Death Star or a MC 75, and where we decide the intervening couple thousand meters of space are.

Creation of legacy/iconic battles becomes fundamentally pointless when the game itself has a failing core gameplay loop. So for constructive criticism;

Fix the game so it is actually about Star Wars dogfighting instead of human waves, then worry about content.

Message 42 of 63 (806 Views)

★★ Guide

@GloriousRuse wrote:
@ChadSquadron88

Assuming that this game is “your type of game”, then I can assure you that that is in fact how a Death Star assault would play out in “your type of game”. Because that is how this game plays out consistently.

Extraordinarily durable ships - particularly bombers - take comparatively short one way trips to the target, blow it up incrementally, die, and win by virtue of playing Space Somme better.

There is no reasonable reason to believe players and teams would change that pattern whether we call that target a Death Star or a MC 75, and where we decide the intervening couple thousand meters of space are.

Creation of legacy/iconic battles becomes fundamentally pointless when the game itself has a failing core gameplay loop. So for constructive criticism;

Fix the game so it is actually about Star Wars dogfighting instead of human waves, then worry about content.

Looks more constructive ! 😅 Thanks ! 

In my opinion, it's just a "personnal" balance "issue".

Early to talk about "failing Core gameplay loop"... 

Patience, devs are making precises ajustements in balance and game design, for all type of players... 

Last update was a first step in the Good way ! And What is announced to come too ! 

Sorry for now you feel frustrated.

I can understand your point of view about the general "time to kill", but oubviously for "multiplayer enjoyable" reason ! 

The strategy you described can't deal at all with experienced pilots, and will be less viable as general players' exp increase...

Also, devs Do worry about their game and will keep supporting it !

With All my honesty, if you think about this equation : Star Wars /starfighters /cross platform / cross gen / Total VR support /Hotas support / game controllers / mouse+keyboard/ multiplayer (with teen pro gamers mixed with 50's Old Dad players or Star Wars fans) / accessible / skilly / rewarding / fun / competitive/ different input lag etc...

This game is One of the most balanced game i played from this perspective... I'm sad you don't see it. Incredible work... 

Private matches are coming this year, so balancing issues will be tested and reported easier.

The pvp community will rise... 😋

Custom private matches ! This is where the fun begins !

Glad to tell you all how much i enjoy this game and just want some more ! As many players and Star Wars fans ! 

I would gladly pay for it ! 😘 

#Epic battles/pve/pvp

#Wedge's Archives Dlc :

-Death star assault (battle of Yavin)

-Death Star 2 assault (battle of Endor)

(even if just a fleet battle background, really) 

Just a Dream ! 😅

Message 43 of 63 (796 Views)

★★ Guide

@ChadSquadron88 wrote:

Hello there ! 

It's been a while... Sorry i was buisy with some harrassing tie fighters to destroy ! 😅 

As a start, a BIG Thanks to all the team for their absolutely awesome work ! I love the game ! 

This is the game so many Star Wars pilot fans were looking for ! (VR + Hotas = Best combo ever) 

Thanks for all ! Really ! 

However, i'm still Dreaming about a Death Star Assault... Some iconic movies like space battles ! 

I understand a New (battlestation like) game mode with trench or inside phase etc will not come... Unfortunately !

A surface map maybe ? Hard to tell... 

What about an approach phase map ? would be possible ? Please ! It would be soooo epic !

Even if the Death Star is only far in the background with false Capital ships and lasers everywhere... 

As an example :

https://youtu.be/TwBFgclZUSE

I saw the map from squadrons campain 1st mission is coming ! Then New Starfighters ! Private and custom matches ! Awesome ! 

Thanks again !

Please Keep supporting the game that way ! 

Please Keep converting some "story mode" maps for multiplayer !

Some "empty" (without debris, like Yavin map) space maps would be cool also and would not ask too much work ? Am i wrong ?

Please consider ! 

As a little suggestion, a dogfight VS AI or a wave/round game mode (solo/coop) would be really welcomed too ! 

See you in space ! 

Sorry for repost ! 

Message 44 of 63 (794 Views)

★★ Guide
@ChadSquadron88 I would pay the price of this game again, in DLC, if they added a Fleet Battle mode that was based on Episode 4's Death Star Assault. Imperials trying to prevent a) getting close to the Death Star, b) destroying enough surface turrets to make the approach safe and the c) the trench run itself (with a mandatory start point that's miles from the vents to prevent shortcutting).

This engine, this level of 'sim' of cockpit dynamics + the Death Star would be epic.
Message 45 of 63 (778 Views)

★★ Guide
@Elphaba high hopes but 100% agree !
Then i would pay twice death stars dlc's ! 😅

Message 46 of 63 (768 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Some of these things will be in Squadrons 2. The next entry will probably be full retail price.

Message 47 of 63 (757 Views)

★★ Guide
@solidsouthcentra Same people said same thing for Star Trek bridge crew 2; that ain’t coming either.

We have this now; no reason why paid dlc can’t come. They know we love it and see potential. Why start over with a new product? Makes zero sense.
Message 48 of 63 (749 Views)

★★ Guide

@Elphaba wrote:
@solidsouthcentraSame people said same thing for Star Trek bridge crew 2; that ain’t coming either.

We have this now; no reason why paid dlc can’t come. They know we love it and see potential. Why start over with a new product? Makes zero sense.

I don't think it would make "zero sense" building a New product... But certainly a big missed opportunity.

"they know we love it and see potential"... Says it all...

Love enough to wait and buy a "squadrons 2" in few years?

With potential Better graphics ? More budget ? Bigger scale space battle ? Space to surface/hangar free transitions ? More content ? All movies epic battles and more ? Our Patience would not be a too hard cost ! 

But... If there's "no" ambition for such a project in EA's mind, i follow your point !

"We have this Now !" No plans for an amitious sequel in the future ?

Then, we absolutely must claim for the "Best for all" content we can get. A simple need For this awesome legendary game longevity ! 

Free or paid Dlcs, whatever... Really... This game desserves it. #Death Star ! 😅 

It would stay in all pilots and Star Wars fans' heart Forever... 

Message 49 of 63 (731 Views)

Betreff: Death Star Assault !

★★★★ Apprentice

I would LOVE a "Death Star Assault"; too!

Would be GREAT!

Message 50 of 63 (721 Views)