Re: Death Star Assault !

by ChadSquadron88

Original Post

★★ Guide
@DarthN3fari0us Actually there is a small prologue based right after the destruction of Alderaan, and after you have finished the prologue, you have the chance to go online or continue the campaign.
Message 21 of 63 (1,121 Views)

★★ Pro
@CodesterMX-YT Oooh, where did you find this information?
Message 22 of 63 (1,104 Views)

★★ Guide
@HCarbonic I can’t seem to find it now, but I believe it was said by the community manager.
Idk. But, we can only hope that the Death Star trench run is included. It would be perfect for a Starfighter game.
Message 23 of 63 (1,091 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CodesterMX-YT Thanks, "prologue" was the search parameter I needed.

"We actually start with a prologue. So when the game kicks off, it’s set right after the Death Star has blown up Alderaan. I’m going to say this now, because people are going to tell us we made a mistake, but we didn’t. When you watch our character creation sequence, you’ll see the Rebel symbol and not the New Republic symbol. That’s because, in character creation, you are still a rebel. So you’re creating your characters for this moment that happens in the time period of the original films. Some stuff happens that sort of helps set up our story, and after the prologue is over now we say, “Okay, do you want to keep going with the story? Do you want to check out PvP?” We sort of open up the game to you. And that’s the big time jump. As soon as that little prologue is over, now you’re in the meat of the game, which is all post-Endor."

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2020/6/18/21295900/star-wars-squadrons-everything-you-need-to-kno...

Pretty curious about this myself.
Message 24 of 63 (1,048 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DarthN3fari0us Thanks for that. Very interesting. Probably no trench run but you could still help destroy the 2nd Death Star once the shield goes down. Putting it in the prologue everyone has to play would be a smart move. What a hook!
Message 25 of 63 (1,033 Views)

★★ Guide

@DarthN3fari0us wrote:
@CodesterMX-YTThanks, "prologue" was the search parameter I needed.

"We actually start with a prologue. So when the game kicks off, it’s set right after the Death Star has blown up Alderaan. I’m going to say this now, because people are going to tell us we made a mistake, but we didn’t. When you watch our character creation sequence, you’ll see the Rebel symbol and not the New Republic symbol. That’s because, in character creation, you are still a rebel. So you’re creating your characters for this moment that happens in the time period of the original films. Some stuff happens that sort of helps set up our story, and after the prologue is over now we say, “Okay, do you want to keep going with the story? Do you want to check out PvP?” We sort of open up the game to you. And that’s the big time jump. As soon as that little prologue is over, now you’re in the meat of the game, which is all post-Endor."

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2020/6/18/21295900/star-wars-squadrons-everything-you-need-to-kno...

Pretty curious about this myself.

Hopes ! Thanks for the info. 

At this point, no Death Star Assault in the game would be a nonsense... 

"Stay on target"

May The Force Be With You, Always... 

Message 26 of 63 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DarthN3fari0us Beat me to it....
Message 27 of 63 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Fascinating, so the game has a prologue before the battle of Yavin, but the main game is set after Endor.

Hopefully, we will get at least one Death Star Battle then! Party hat

Message 28 of 63 (923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

a "Legacy battles" section should be (in my opinion) added that lets you partake in all of the classic battles. This could even be in the form of DLC 

Battle of Yavin

Battle of Hoth

Battle of Endor

Battle of Scariff.

Message 29 of 63 (896 Views)

★★ Guide

@CA1-PAINLESS wrote:

a "Legacy battles" section should be available that lets you partake in all of the classic battles. This could even be in the form of DLC 

Battle of Yavin

Battle of Hoth

Battle of Endor

Battle of Scariff.

Preordered ! 😅 

Fingers crossed ! 🤞 

May The Force Be With You, Always... 

Message 30 of 63 (882 Views)