Re: Death Star Assault !

by HCarbonic

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ChadSquadron88 Personally I'd prefer the Battle of Endor, that one hasn't been properly done since X-Wing Alliance. It would sit pretty well in the Fleet Battles Mode, take out the Executor, proceed to the inside of the DS2.

Battle of Yavin has been done so many times (but I wouldn't complain if it was in there).
Message 11 of 63 (813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

If only One unique content could be added in the game future, i really hope it will be the Battle of Endor (attack of the Executor) followed by Death Star surface assault and trench/inside run !

As it perfectly suits to the era and the game context... And will definitely satisfy all Star Wars fans and more.  

In few words, it would feel... 

Spoiler
Iconic ! Fantasmatic ! Orgasmic ! Unmissable ! Memorable ! Ideal ! 

In VR ! (solo/coop/PvE and PvP)

What a Dream ! Isn't it ?

I think eras seasons are also a Good idea, but realistically, i don't know if it is possible du to development cost (time and ressources allowed by EA)... I mean New Maps to create are already a ton of work... Adding New eras ships and more Maps looks like a really bigger investissment scale... 

I hope i'm wrong ! I would love some more content ! Especially iconic movies battles ! 

Please consider and support ! 

Sorry for bad english sentences. 

May The Force Be With You, Always... 

Message 12 of 63 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

True, I guess if we are going to approach this from a development perspective the easiest battles to replicate would be Yavin and Endor.

Most of the required resources are already in-game, although adding the death stars themselves would be complicated as would adding the SSD class of capital ship, but that would be significantly easier than adding all the Galatic Republic era ship models. The FO/Resistance era should be very easy to cover though.

In the end, it will come down to EA and Motive studios seeing this as a viable business model, which is why I think it's good that we are discussing this as a community now so they can see what we really want from the game.

Also, I think it's good to let EA know if we would or wouldn't pay to have our requests added to the game in an expansion pack or large scale DLC.

For me, if they added just the original trilogy battles - Yavin, Hoth (even if it's battle over Hoth) and Endor I would absolutely be more than happy to buy that.

EA & Motive Studios if you are reading this, I recommend sending some surveys out so you can gauge community interest in more content and willingness for the community to pay for it.

Message 13 of 63 (774 Views)

★★ Guide

@AnthonyJ-1980 wrote:

True, I guess if we are going to approach this from a development perspective the easiest battles to replicate would be Yavin and Endor.

Most of the required resources are already in-game, although adding the death stars themselves would be complicated as would adding the SSD class of capital ship, but that would be significantly easier than adding all the Galatic Republic era ship models. The FO/Resistance era should be very easy to cover though.

In the end, it will come down to EA and Motive studios seeing this as a viable business model, which is why I think it's good that we are discussing this as a community now so they can see what we really want from the game.

Also, I think it's good to let EA know if we would or wouldn't pay to have our requests added to the game in an expansion pack or large scale DLC.

For me, if they added just the original trilogy battles - Yavin, Hoth (even if it's battle over Hoth) and Endor I would absolutely be more than happy to buy that.

EA & Motive Studios if you are reading this, I recommend sending some surveys out so you can gauge community interest in more content and willingness for the community to pay for it.

100% agree !

Hopes are here ! 

Message 14 of 63 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Actually, I stand corrected on my earlier post.

If they are re-using or able to take existing assets from Battlefront II then they should be able to cover the other eras as well with a lot less effort, something to keep in mind Standard smile

Message 15 of 63 (714 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Actually a developer said the single player campaign starts right after the destruction of alderaan.

So its possible the battle of yavin could be the prologue mission. For the single player anyway..  so fingers crossed.

Message 16 of 63 (678 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro
@Silverstreakusa Yes yes YES! I look forward with hope to this.
Message 17 of 63 (674 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 18 of 63 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, you're going to need to cite your source on that one.

From what is known, the campaign appears to be set right after the Battle of Endor, and appears to be concerned with protecting the development of the Starhawk Class Battlecruiser that were instrumental during the Battle of Jakku (kind of hoping this might be the end point of the campaign).

Granted there's not much known, but there's absolutely no indication that it starts after the destruction of Alderaan.

Message 19 of 63 (635 Views)

★★ Guide

If there's no Death Star Assault at game launch, or communication about it in future game expansion... 

I hope this thread (+reddit etc) will explose ! As strong as the Death Star should ! 😅

"All pilots in attack position" 

"Red 5 standing by" 

Message 20 of 63 (611 Views)