Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Dear Devs please don't change Resapwn restrictions in Strongholds

by TheFibrewire

Original Post

Highlighted

Dear Devs please don't change Resapwn restrictions in Strongholds

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This will kill the entire threat and dread from the content. The game is to be played using mobility and using that mobility to support each other. Please understand the strength of your product and acknowledge it. The Respawn changes will be awesome on freeplay when other players are not there in vicinity.

If this happens people will never ever rez the downed players and will wait for 30sec or survive for 30 sec. please don't foster this behavior in the community.

What we want when downed.

• A nice bright red outline on the downed player's HP bar
  • A way to spectate others
  • A Warning on party member down
  • A warning on last man standing
  • Restrict respawn as long as party is in combat.

Once you give this it will be very hard to take it back and I don't understand, which game has dungeons with dead party members rezing themselves when dead?

The entire point of dungeon is support each other and work together and rezing is a very fundamental thing that adds value and play experience to a dungeon.

Please comment or reply, so Devs can see it

Message 1 of 13 (251 Views)

Re: Dear Devs please don't change Resapwn restrictions in Strongholds

Champion

The fact of the matter is, you can bypass this mechanic using Alt-F4 and rejoining from the launch screen. And considering the game doesn’t even give you the option to leave the expedition from the downed screen, it really is difficult to expect the players to do anything but Alt-F4. At the very least there should be a way to do something, maybe make a quick dash every once in a while to where someone can rez you more easily.

There also is currently an issue where sometimes you cannot rez people at all. I’ve sometimes seen people who were downed but had no interact marker on them, and assumed they couldn’t be revived because they were d/c. But yesterday I was playing with a friend, and we both were downed and watched as two other players were running around us trying to find a spot from which they could revive us, but couldn’t, even after clearing all of the enemies a few minutes later. We both decided to just Alt-F4 and call it a day at that point.

Note that this happened after pretty much everyone getting downed and revived a few times – in fact we had the full squad wipe a couple times prior to that. I think the full squad respawn in particular might mess up the mission mechanics in some cases.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 2 of 13 (230 Views)

★ Guide

ye i agree tbh...you are just creating a vicious cycle.

if you dont let players learn from their mistakes by failing. youll have to keep hammering down that difficulty since players without the skills required (recognizing when your teammates are down for example) will be able to clear the content.

what i mean is that if you start making it easy...youll have to keep on doing so. and at some point your content will be a joke

Message 3 of 13 (224 Views)

★ Pro

I kind of agree, and this will definitely reduce the threat and dread from the content in a lot of aspects.

Problem is you can often get put into a Matchmade team that can involve a lot of factors as to why some of your other teammates aren't fully aware of their environment. Someone could be trying out a new Javelin and they are not that comfortable with the nuances of abilities etc.. which will often put them in tunnel vision survivor panic mode just trying to survive. This and a lot of other reasons why they may lose contact with the team and surrounding area. In these and many other moments I can see a lot of reasons people often forget to try to stay close to their team and concentrate on a more tactical approach and support of their squad, often resulting in them not knowing a player is down and in need of help.

There are flaws with the current system and inability to call out for help, send a distress signal etc, and  this definitely feels like the most simple quick fix available atm, but like you have pointed out, I am sure it is going to lead to some bad behavior on those team members unwilling to learn how to work as a team coordinate attacks and implement some strategy in tackling encounters, when after all they can just shrug off the downed squad member and keep going with their business cause, "30 seconds they'll just get respawned".

Sadly, I doubt that after this change is made they will be able to revert it to the way it is now, even if they do add the features you and others have suggested countless times in other posts. It's definitely a catch 22, and a perfect example of the lesser of two evils approach they are taking which is sad, cause it could have some terrible consequences when it comes to matchmade teams and promoting good teamplay.

Message 4 of 13 (212 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No1 playing in GM2, so for me it´s boring already- GM1 too easy, GM3 too hard. And if rez is taken out of the equation also, it will be even more boring. Just fly around mindlessly without giving any thought what or when you should do. Harder enemies+penalties should make a player to think about loadout and how to take maximum out of it.

Sometimes players can´t revive bc the place of fallen comrade is under heavy fire. So it takes some time to clear out some enemies or to draw enemies away.

Also when I´m Storm and team has Colossus I leave reviving to the tank and try to freeze\dmg as many enemies around the fallen player. There would be no point for a Storm to run under heavy fire and get squad wipe when Colossus can rez behind shield now.

Also me and 3 randoms got about 5 squad wipes bc we couldn´t rez, no1 left and I think we were all proud of putting through extra tough challenge. Whenever you can´t rez teammates just take the bullet and get squadwipe so you can continue. No point on going alone and waste time.

Personally I´ve always played with randoms and every time I´ve been revived. Maybe I´ve been so lucky but I doubt it. It´s like with BFV- EA listens to the kids who want to 1shot 100kills and ruins the game. BFV went from teamplay to tank\sniper camp like BF1 and it was month ago when I stopped playing it, the game has got many nerfs and buffs to support sniper\tank camp since then. I´m not even considering to go back anymore. And I though it was a decent game at the beginning. Seems this game is going the same way...

Just my 2 cents

Message 5 of 13 (208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@In7yg0 wrote:

ye i agree tbh...you are just creating a vicious cycle.

if you dont let players learn from their mistakes by failing. youll have to keep hammering down that difficulty since players without the skills required (recognizing when your teammates are down for example) will be able to clear the content.

what i mean is that if you start making it easy...youll have to keep on doing so. and at some point your content will be a joke

Having a timer on self-rez (say, 30-40 seconds) would still be a good incentive, to both try to rez others, and to try not to get downed yourself. It’s in everyone’s best interest to have the full team up and running if possible. It might help to add a cypher callout to the team when someone is down, but most of the time I’ve been downed and not rezzed, it came down to me getting downed in a stupid spot (near a spawn, under a boss, in the open with tons of enemies around, etc) where trying to rez me would just mean two people being downed instead.

The fact is, you don’t help people “learn from their mistakes” by having them stare at a grayed out screen for half an hour either. They’ll either Alt-F4 and rejoin or Alt-F4 and do something else. And often it’s the best thing you can do, too, because sticking around often just puts the team on a downward spiral where everyone just keeps getting downed one by one until fifteen minutes later everyone just gets respawned anyway because the whole squad wiped. The current mechanic is really just teaching people to cut their losses and wipe/Alt-F4 sooner rather than later.

I think they could add a consumable/sigil you could equip, where its rarity would dictate how many times you can self-rez before it’s gone. That would be a decent tradeoff between letting you rez indefinitely for free, and giving you no option whatsoever besides staring at the screen waiting to be rezzed. But not giving the downed player an option to do anything at all just isn’t viable design.

And again, that’s not even mentioning the parts where your rez button disappears for other players, or you somehow get stuck being downed outside the normal bounds of the map/stuck in geometry, etc. Plus the fact that when you are downed and can’t be rezzed while carrying a relic fragment, Alt-F4 permanently breaks the entire instance for everyone else.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 6 of 13 (182 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I would like to keep respawn restrictions on CERTAIN fights. put it on collect echo phase or random small rooms where if you die, you dumb. wipe on small room is a restart. but for things like bosses (and maybe miniboss fights if they get creative, since the current 1s are just beefed up enforcers and furies for a key) put a 5 minute timer. because some people currently lose the ability to even use F and cannot revive a teammate and that is why most of us are forced to alt f4 anyways. it will take you either 5 minutes to get back in the match through loading screens if you instantly alt f4, or you can just wait it out and hope your teammates get you sooner. i have been downed in the landmines room of scar temple getting bodyblocked by something doing multiple leaps outwards and died in the doorway then slide back downwards, had someone stand next to me for 10 sec unable to rez me, and as i am about to alt f4, my revive timer starts ticking down. someone revived me upstairs through the ceiling on my screen. obviously the F not working bug has something to do with your shown corpse not being anywhere near where you actually are. which doesnt explain why u cant harvest things or open chests but whatever. game does what it wants when it wants.

Message 7 of 13 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

To be fair, yesterday when nobody could revive me, it was after I got shot out of the sky. It’s possible that my revive spot was actually in the air. Though if that’s the case, that’s silly since nobody will go flying around looking for it.

Message 8 of 13 (166 Views)

★ Guide

alright ye sure...i was a bit too final there i suppose. ofc theres room for compromises.

my point was rather that, if you make dying meaningless, the whole difficulty will be meaningless

Message 9 of 13 (150 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

To be fair, yesterday when nobody could revive me, it was after I got shot out of the sky. It’s possible that my revive spot was actually in the air. Though if that’s the case, that’s silly since nobody will go flying around looking for it.

I've seen this happen to a squad mate. We had to wait until the area was completely clear before we could even go near them.

I've also seen a storm get downed and fall off the map.

Message 10 of 13 (148 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help