Re: Dear Apex Switch players, how do you do it?

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Dear Apex Switch players, how do you do it?

★★★★ Pro

I wanna know how people who play on the switch are able to tolerate how the game is barely playable on it. I typically play on a high end pc thanks to my college giving me one for free (with the tuition that they rob us of lol) so I've always had a decent experience. when I heard about the game being added to the switch, I decided to play on it for a week since i've always wanted to try out the console side of apex since it's like a completely different game compared to pc. 

After my 1 week of playing, it's safe to say that It's barely manageable, the game looks downgraded, (for performance issues obviously) the frame rate typically sits around the high 20's when your not standing still in docked mode with handheld being unplayable for me, and having to cross play with people who are on other consoles like the ps4/ps5 and the xbox one/ series s and x.

how do you guys do it? do you have any tips for anyone who wants to learn how to play apex on console? any tips on how to improve the performance even if it's a slight bit?

also, what's your experience like on the switch if you play on there? 

Message 1 of 5 (311 Views)

I tried about three matches and gave up.  If you could actually get non- cross play lobbies, I'd consider trying more.  But it's absurd trying to play against PS4 smurfs looking for their 20 bomb.

Message 2 of 5 (302 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@soccerking122 I usually play on the PS5 but when I get an itch to play apex in the hospital, I bring out the switch. The technique is to turn off crossplay and only play with fellow switch players since you're no match against other consoles. I do use an 8bitdo controller though.
Message 3 of 5 (280 Views)

@Cheese9Man

You live in Japan. Try finding a switch only server in the US, glhf.
Message 4 of 5 (255 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pandareno1999 That's a valid point 😅
Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)