Re: Day 4 of posting until Respawn implements a functional abandon penalty.

by blkarmphoenix

Original Post

Re: Day 3 of posting until Respawn implements a functional abandon penalty.

★★ Pro
@Peri_Longbow_plz Yes, there are certain rounds where there is no point in staying. But those scenarios are 1 out of 100. This won't affect you in any major way if you don't leave. If you leave consistently, this system will be a problem for you.

At the least, limit people from leaving in knocked state.
Message 31 of 58 (255 Views)

Champion

The other day playing with randoms I left 3 of the first 4 matches.

1st one guy let the ship fly halfway across the map and then pinged a spot 6 teams had landed and started heading that way. Instant leave by me. No point in dropping straight to my death.

2nd one a guy in a duo in a party I cannot hear drops us into a weird secluded location. I start looting. As I'm doing it the duo is running behind me punching me over and over. No point in suffering through that.

3rd one we havent left the ship and a guy keeps typing a term for cat that is duragotory into the chat. He continues doing it when we land. Yeah I could have stayed and muted him but nah I'm not helping someone like that get a win.

Until the last few months I was for a leaver penalty in pubs but not anymore.

Message 32 of 58 (251 Views)

It's a casual match for a reason. It doesn't revolve around something meaningful and it's supposed to just be fun. But it's supposed to be fun for everyone involved. And if someone ruins my fun, I ruin their fun as well. And no, I would prefer not being punished for that.

It's not like I leave the game every time I go down. But I wish it was that 1:100 ratio of games in which you feel like there's no point in continuing. It's more like a 1:4. It's too often that I get one or two squad members which just act weirdly all game long. May it be because they don't listen to pings, or because they don't use their abilities, or keep parting from the group. I even had a case where two people uhh... sensually roleplayed in-game. I mean... Really? If you're aroused, then go to Discord, not in-game.

Message 33 of 58 (237 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor so instead of wanting trolls to be punished you just wish that people won't get punished for leaving? lol
Message 34 of 58 (230 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 No I'd like there to be punishment for the trolls I mentioned but there is no way to do it without incorrectly punishing people by mistake.
Message 35 of 58 (218 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor to be fair there will never be a perfect system. Just look at the cheating appeals that's going on in the forums. Does that mean Respawn should stop punishing cheaters? I don't think so.
Message 36 of 58 (213 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 Those are two different things. Many of the people claiming they didnt cheat did. And many who didnt had their accounts hacked by people that used cheats.

You are talking about forcing me to play with trolls in game just to keep the people that dont play as a team in the game. There are better options-
1- squad up with people you enjoy playing with.
2-bring solo mode into the game permanently.
Message 37 of 58 (210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@hayhor
Not saying they're the same thing just showing that there is no perfect system and innocent players will be punished from time to time. I just hope that CS would act faster with resolving said cases.

"squad up with people you enjoy playing with." this applies for everyone honestly. But this shouldn't be forced on players to begin with specially those that doesn't negatively affect other players experiences.

"bring solo mode into the game permanently. "
I do wish they'd do this but I still prefer playing with teams cause when you get that random teammates that you just click with is just a magical experience.

Message 38 of 58 (200 Views)

★★★ Guide

Four days in. Lots of discussion generated here!

I find it amusing that the majority of folks who seem to oppose a harsher abandonment penalty for unranked, seem to also be the ones who admit to abandoning at the drop of a hat. 

1. If your squads jumpmaster is heading somewhere you don't like, or don't agree with... Welcome to playing with randoms! Sometimes, you drop crappy.  It doesn't help anyone to pretentiously leave on an unfavorable drop. 

2. Maybe this is a hot take... but if your banner gets picked up, and the person who grabbed it outright refuses to respawn you,  then you have probably not been a very nice teammate to begin with.  Wait your 2 minutes,  grab a glass of water, and leave when your timer is up.  

Day 4. 

Message 39 of 58 (190 Views)

★★★ Pro
@blkarmphoenix I play ranked mode to avoid that and I’m playing casual because of that...

when I want a serious game and teammates playing better and not leaving early, I just play ranked.

when I’m mad after a few bad games and I can’t handle bad teammates and I just want to leave my team when they are bad, I just go casual mode.

So there you go, you have both options, you can choose.
Message 40 of 58 (188 Views)