Re: David Greco's Handling, Driving and Setup Q&A (?)

by BarryBL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

David Greco's Handling, Driving and Setup Q&A (?)

★★★ Pro

Hi,

I wonder if we may have a topic like this about the new F1 22 game like we had for F1 2020 here, it would be very interesting and appreciated Standard smile

Ciao,

Nuv

Message 1 of 831 (25,603 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA Codemasters Team

I'll ask him and see if we can find a decent time where we are free for some Q&A action. 

We'll it'll be David, not me. Anyone can drive in the midfield every Friday. I'll look to move a lot of the stuff we are used to seeing into EA Answers as we escalate transition. 

EA, Codemasters & F1 Game

Due to excessive amounts of traffic, DM's are disabled and posts to personal profile will be screened for this user.

View in thread

Message 6 of 831 (25,442 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Pro
@Nuvolarix definitely needed. I still think the minimum longitudinal rear tyre grip needs a 5% increase but we can better judge this after the Miami weekend when we can compare the esports drivers and their throttle application with what the real drivers do..

Besides that i would be interested in why they dont reduce the power output of low revs to make it less worth for the esports drivers. Also id be interested to know what exactly is the problem to get the physics right of speed loss with increased steering angle, currently its barely any speed you lose which is why they always take the shortest line and not the line with the least steering angle as in real racing.
Message 2 of 831 (25,563 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Meza994 yes, let's hope a kind of a meeting could be done, I think as long as it remains polite and constructive, it may help the crowd to understand much more the game (and as a corollary avoid many complaints once the reasons for the choices are known), on the other hand perhaps some interesting suggestions may be received by the developers themselves in order to improve the game... Cool

Message 3 of 831 (25,551 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Nuvolarix Absolutely agree! I might be ranting a bit more currently (because tyre pressure behaviour seems to be the same, AGAIN😡)😅 but when its about discussing it with devs/talking with the devs direclty its the only way to do it calm, polite, constructive, but still critical. But the first 3 often fall under the carpet which is why i can understand the devs feeling not too enthusiastic of doing it only to be screamed at haha
Message 4 of 831 (25,542 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Meza994 wrote:
@NuvolarixAbsolutely agree! I might be ranting a bit more currently (because tyre pressure behaviour seems to be the same, AGAIN😡)😅 but when its about discussing it with devs/talking with the devs direclty its the only way to do it calm, polite, constructive, but still critical. But the first 3 often fall under the carpet which is why i can understand the devs feeling not too enthusiastic of doing it only to be screamed at haha

Yes, that's true, it's up to the people to make it constructive and clearly to the developers to want to try again...

To get the new forum off to a good start! Party hat

Message 5 of 831 (25,534 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA Codemasters Team

I'll ask him and see if we can find a decent time where we are free for some Q&A action. 

We'll it'll be David, not me. Anyone can drive in the midfield every Friday. I'll look to move a lot of the stuff we are used to seeing into EA Answers as we escalate transition. 

EA, Codemasters & F1 Game

Due to excessive amounts of traffic, DM's are disabled and posts to personal profile will be screened for this user.

Message 6 of 831 (25,443 Views)

★★★ Pro

Thank you so much @BarryBL, very appreciated Standard smile

Message 7 of 831 (25,420 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Alex Gillon did a small interview with him if your interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jwRa1oVFo

quite interesting 🤔 

Message 8 of 831 (25,259 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@ajobling1983 Very interesting.. Intentionally getting rid of the porpoising ingame.. Hurts every realism lover haha but its understandable for the casuals and AI.. Still want it in the next game should it remain in F1, very essential part of the setup work and will ruin the laptimes when you can go high downforce in Silverstone when they are forced to go low downforce IRL (low downforce is slower laptimes).. Soo maybe something they should think of to add for 2023 (in said case) with a option to turn it off?

More tyre load details sounds very interesting but i still think they have gone for a wrong balance at minimal loads.. Too much front grip in those loads IMO making the car less stable in traction zones (happy to step out)

Setup just as i suspected no more downforce packages which sadly means likely less opportunity to mod the game to realistic results Frown
Message 9 of 831 (25,233 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ajobling1983 wrote:

Alex Gillon did a small interview with him if your interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jwRa1oVFo

quite interesting 🤔 

Thank you very interesting Standard smile

Message 10 of 831 (25,226 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help