Re: (Damage/"Health bar") We need to have a talk.

by GK3512

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 BlackBox era was the hero of its time for the raging FF fever(UG1 was directly inspired by FF1,said by officials)And now FF become more like a junk superhero boom rather than street racer fantasy(Neither was of my taste)So EA tried to follow up with the rubbish PB.The problem was EA only remembered the success of BB era without remembered HP2 cannonball was the game put BB in the driving seat of NFS.I dont think FF style is totally junk,but at least classic fans like me should get chance to see a new classic style game in the future.I really dont have hope for NFS with EA ignore and F classic fans in the face through the years(2015 was the game killed classic NFS as a whole,and I hate it more than the FF fever UG/MW)
Message 31 of 71 (1,119 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

LOL....Well here we go again a new game from NFS

You made some interesting points and I gotta say one thing

>>> Your right <<<  

Let's hope the multiplayer mode won't be a demolition derby event with other racers in events or our health meter is toast.

As for my opinion, I just say set things to Easy mode setting and make the game as fun for yourself as you can.

I also have much more to say about the new game in some threads I will be creating soon.

Keep looking for my intelligent commentary soon.

Take care @Jacobba55  

Have a good day & thank you for addressing this problem! :eahigh_file:

Message 32 of 71 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

Touched by your post. 😊 Thank you! I'll certainly keep an eye out. I'm just trying to make sure this game doesn't fall flat, after 2015 and Payback, we're certainly not taking any chances whatsoever. The second I saw a conspicuous bar next to the speedometer UI, I was on it. Slightly disappointed by the large amount of recycled assets as well, but stopping this is my top priority. Glad to hear your doing well!

In the meantime, I'll keep up the efforts to curb this menace. Good luck with your topics.

Message 33 of 71 (1,107 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

Thank you for your well wishes and kindness in your response. 🙂👍

Wishing you all the best in gaming and topics here in the forums. 

Have a great day brother 😎

Message 34 of 71 (1,079 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ultimately, I was unable to warn the community and developers of the significance of the consequences of implementing a health bar/damage system. I can only apologise for my failure and for disappointing anyone who genuinely didn't like the idea, or thought it would indeed pose a risk because of the factors outlined by the awesome players and members of the community in this thread. Thank you for all your magnificent contributions and support!

Regardless of whether Heat looks good at the moment, or if Lt. Mercer seems great as a character to me, we'll have to deal with this annoying gameplay element which could still very well be a deal breaker and limit pursuits. If you get any ideas of more factors to consider, feel free to add them and I'll try and implement them whenever possible. Other than that, I apologise for the waste of time... 

I'm sorry.

Message 35 of 71 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

after i looked at gameplay footage of nfs heat(from youtubers),i can alrdy now confirmed that nfs heat is kind of a little unfair when u ram a cop ur car damagw bar will drop half and if we continously wreck the cops that is chasing us we will wreck our own car as well and that is already giving the cops a huge advantage!and most of the people would not know and they will always like to wreck all the cops that is chasing them anyway(like me)and now at first i was gonna buy the game but when i saw gameplay footages of other youtubers that when u ram a cop ur damage bar drops by 20-40% i just cant think abt it and not buy the game anymore(also look at hot pursuit 2010 when u ram into a racer/cop ur car will not take any damage!unless u ram into npc cars so why ghost games cant use the damange bar system that is from hp 2010 ?)

Also rip guess like we will have to face it then nfs heat will have the damage bar and we will just have to stick around with it or play around with it

Message 36 of 71 (598 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@CrescenceRose Because even with 80% of ex Criterion devs in Ghost, they still prefer a half Ghost design from Rivals. Hence why we got gas station for health bar refill. But mostly it is a recycle from Burnout Paradise Marked Man mode
Message 37 of 71 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Basically now i could say that nfs heat has now officialy become burnout paradise(marked man mode and road rage where u have limited repairs)but still burnout paradise road rage health bar system is far more better than nfs heat health bar system. Why ?whenever u crash into other racers that u need to wreck ur car will nor take any damage from hitting them no matter how strong or how durable their car is

Message 38 of 71 (547 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@CrescenceRose

Agreed!

Some things that would definitely damage the player don't seem to, yet others do to a worrying extent!

For example, on the NFS Twitter page there is a Tweet where merely landing from a jump does about an 1/8th. Plus, ramming cop cars will be extremely unsustainable due to the fact that you take that much damage for per hit. It will be unavoidable...

Message 39 of 71 (543 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@CrescenceRose A little correction,Marked Man and Road Rage have need for repairs,but not limited,just a cycle of different repair shop available to use
Message 40 of 71 (530 Views)