Damage done does not add up in the "after game summary".

by Erbjudanden

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I just hit 5 kraber shots and some scout shots, summary after i Died showed 145 damage done. I even downed 2 people with it. Whats up with that? It's just not this one game either. I counted on my twitch stream and it's like the game doesnt register alot of the damage done.

Message 1 of 15 (972 Views)

Re: Damage done does not add up in the "after game summary".

Champion

Krabers the main offender but yeah...the damage recorder they use is a bit on the naff side.

It probably wont be fixed until s3.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 15 (963 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Have had this on so many games. Even killed players not count. It's irritating being robbed of numbers and kills. I hope this gets fixed sooner than later.

Message 3 of 15 (942 Views)

★ Guide

Been having the same issue since the start of season 2, mainly with gold weapons.

Message 4 of 15 (906 Views)

★ Pro
@Erbjudanden welcome to crappy hit detection. why I don't play anymore, Tired of unloading clips into people and not dieing.
Message 5 of 15 (892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Hit detection has nothing to do with this problem. Hits are detected (Apex never had any problems with that), you see the damage number and then it's not added to the final tally. The "bug" does not affect gameplay itself, just the result screen and badges associated to it. It's also not consistent and really hard to pinpoint when and why it happens.

Message 6 of 15 (886 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sure doesn't. I landed a headshot on a Wattson and hit Path for a bodyshot before dying. According to my stats, I done 20 damage. Not sure how it's possible to do 20 damage with a longbow but ok, game. I have this recorded too.

Message 7 of 15 (859 Views)

★ Guide

Pretty sure it's working like this.  Damage is only counted for the player's current health+shield value, additional overkill damage is disregarded.  Never tested it because idgaf.

Message 8 of 15 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

That's how I understand it too, overkill damage doesn't count. It's easy enough to replicate if you land, take out one other person, then get sniped/3rd partied without doing any more damage. 

Your damage numbers will show a flat 100/150/whatever depending on any shield they grabbed, and won't take into account the extra damage, or damage done to a downed player.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 15 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Killtheism  schrieb:

Pretty sure it's working like this.  Damage is only counted for the player's current health+shield value, additional overkill damage is disregarded.  Never tested it because idgaf.

This must be it.

Additionally I also think there is a discrepany between your hits on a living target and a downed one.

But it would also be very helpfull, if the devs would explain, how it works exactly.

Message 10 of 15 (793 Views)