Daily Goals

by newbebop

Original Post

Daily Goals

★★ Guide

In GW1 there were sets of goals and they were the only way to level up. I personally hated them. I used soooo many skip challenge stars. 

In GW2 there were significantly better goals you could choose from a list. They would give you a XP multiplier and a small amount of coins or stars. They were less of a hassle due to fact that most could be completed against NPCs as well as players.

If they ever decide to implement challenges or goals in BFN, I'd really like the developers to look very closely at what they are asking players to do. One of the reasons I hated these challenges was that trying to complete 50% of them required a player to do things that caused a major dip in how well they played. I see the same thing in Apex with their goals that say something like "land in this location so many times." It causes players to mess up their team by break away just to land there. That sort of thing. 

I'm not trying to give anybody any ideas. I love that there are no challenges or goals. I'm just saying, please do it right if you do it at all. 

Message 1 of 11 (552 Views)

Re: Daily Goals

★★★★★ Expert

Like "Get Assist Master" in GW2. Yeah until BfN came out I did every quest every time they came up and there was a bug where sometimes some quests would reset and would do them again for stars and money.

The challenges in GW1 were more annoying than anything else, I used challenge stars for a lot of them. Some of the quests in GW2 actively encouraged you to play badly to get them done, that really needs to go away in BfN. We're getting a battle pass system which if it's like the one in Paladins will have an XP system to unlock rewards and challenges to get big boosts of XP, some of the challenges to get extra XP are annoying, but they do give a big boost. You can also spend the in game currency to accelerate the process, or just play a lot. This would work well here as well and sounds like what they're doing.

Message 2 of 11 (533 Views)

★★ Guide
@Iron_Guard8 I'm never against earning bonuses and I know it just goes with the battle pass territory. I'm just saying I'd like them to put as much care and thought into balancing goals and challenges as the do into balancing other gameplay aspects. Things that encourage playing better, longer, or a little outside your comfort zone. Just not encouraging bad gameplay. It requires more thought, but it's what they need to make goals fun instead of a chore.
Message 3 of 11 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Agreed. Some of the quests in GW2 were obnoxious. Why did 10 waves in ops give the same reward as the 10 perfect waves in ops quests? One is pretty much automatic, the other can be extremely annoying. Or that plant side it was 4 challenge waves in ops but zombie side it was 5!?

And some of them like 'revive 5 zombies' means you actually wanted teammates to get vanquished so you could revive them.

Message 4 of 11 (521 Views)

★★ Guide
@Iron_Guard8 Personally, my least favorite is taunt so many players. I get it. Some people like to taunt. That's fine. It also leaves you vulnerable while the animation plays out. I don't do it because I prefer winning over bragging about a kill. Once again, asking me to do so forces me to play worse. Not a fan.
Message 5 of 11 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

That one always stunk yeah. I just did it against bots to be honest. Even if I really wanted to taunt people (and I don't), being stuck in the animation was often a death sentence.

Message 6 of 11 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 I found some of the community challenges made it even worse - the Revive-a-thon for example, sounded like a good way to encourage reviving but actually made half the team play healer but not heal because they wanted the revives . . . .
Message 7 of 11 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think that they are prepare some nasty challenges in the future cause of BfN is significantly bigger and (for me) better!

Message 8 of 11 (491 Views)

★★ Guide
@ToastedSarnie Oh yeah. That was a mess. 😂 I 'd play with my wife split screen and she'd be encouraging me to "die already" and tell me to lay there downed while she ran across the entire map to revive me before I auto-respawned. It was ridiculous.
Message 9 of 11 (491 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@newbebop Hilarious! And PLEASE if new unlockable characters/variants are ever introduced DON'T put them on showcase in multiplayer! I've just heard Toxic Brainz is on showcase in GW2 AGAIN!!!!!!
Message 10 of 11 (480 Views)