Re: DXGI Errors caused me to be Banned for "cheating"?

by NKDrac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DXGI Errors caused me to be Banned for "cheating"?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently have gone through technical issues with my new laptop. Getting a constant interruption within minutes of a game saying:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I only get these specific messages in APEX and Hunt Showdown. Cyberpunk, "Flatlined" instead of the above) and even OW2 I've been issued warnings now because of this problem and had to stop playing until I can resolve it.
I had no choice but to join games to see if the online help options worked after I tried them because sometimes I'd hop into just the shooting range and it would work for seemingly 15min and I'd think it was resolved only for it to crash again.
Now I attempted to rejoin every game I left, but obviously can't save them all (trios not ranked). So I can understand it looking bad, BUT to have my appeal come back accusing me of CHEATING lmao
I do not know where to even begin. Anti-Cheat exists within the game, I'm a low gold4 player in both trios and arena and my KD is laughable. There have been times when I've performed better, but CHEATING, that's a whole new low to be accused of.
I'm just hoping this will reach someone who can really take a look at what's going on because somehow Support has me mixed up.

UPDATE: I removed the back plate and found that a RAM stick was dislodged half way and managed to pop it back in. I'm not computer savvy software wise at all, I watched it on youtube and it's foreign to me for the most part hardware wise also, but here's the "mdsched.exe" scans I ran today before and after. (mdsched.exe being something I found as an option to fix the issue in a google search)

So again I'm hoping I finally fixed the problem with it being solely a hardware problem and I'll be able to enjoy the game again. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @NKDrac 

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (605 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @NKDrac 

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I had contacted support initially through that process and that's when I recieved the Ban email.
I sent another one tonight basically just copy pasted this post, with my images hoping it might get a further look into.
Thanks again.

Message 3 of 6 (592 Views)

Community Manager

If our TOS team has denied your appeals @NKDrac then there is nothing we can do to change that.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (587 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Wait, so I can just be guilty of cheating without a single shred of proof because I was force disconnected from pub matches, not even ranked?

Truly great system they've created here.

Message 5 of 6 (493 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NKDrac if our team has declined your appeal then it would mean that there is evidence the action was correct. If this is the case then there is nothing we can do to change this.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (416 Views)