DONT REMOVE BHOP HEALING

by blaze036

Original Post

Re: DONT REMOVE BHOP HEALING

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@xXCA_RageXx wrote:
That's the same boring response to overtuned weapons. Anyone can pick it up so therefore it's balanced and should be in the game. With that same logic by removing it everyone can't do it so what's the difference,other than removing something cheesy.

They also better add keyboard and mouse support then.....PC players will slaughter controller players.  I remember when Microsoft tested cross platform in 2007.   It was severely disturbing. It was literally the bottom level pc players destroying the upper level console players in drastic fashion.  Wasn't even close.

I couldn't have cared less about HEAL HOPPING,  until i heard that the devs said themselves it was undermining intentional design of the game.  And  seeing pro players to feel entitled to it and denigrating lower skilled players for not learning it is poor sportsmanship. 

Message 21 of 37 (593 Views)

★★ Guide

@blaze036 wrote:

Removing this will do nothing but upset players, it's a skill anyone can do that gives good players an advantage over poor players and it's quite.

i will just add what i wrote in the other do not remove bhop healing thread.

copy+paste

if it´s ment to be? then leave it in.

if its exploiting the game, then Respawn should fix it.

usually exploiting a game knowing it´s not ment to be,

taking advantage of bugs etc etc.

gets you banned for a period of time.

it´s pretty simple,

find an exploit,

report it.

don´t use it.

dont look back.

then again, if its ment to be there, by all means use it as much you like.

Message 22 of 37 (582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If bhop dies I'll stop playing this. What apex lacked for me was some fun movement mechanics until i realised u could do this. And if its hidden - strap on a tutorial and there we go. Strafejumping and aircontronl in Quake was a bug initially but it came to define the series and spawned so many race maps and such. Let the game have character. I'm sure most of the people that have to try to do it and they fail often wish for it to be removed,however that doesn't mean the devs should appeal to people who whine of difficult game mechanics in a competetive (theres tournaments, so yeah I guess competetive) shooter.

Its really not that hard and its the most fun thing to do in game. At least for me.If removing bhop healing, then provide more lenience on bhop fighting or movement itself. More airaccell maybe.

Message 23 of 37 (554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As a fellow Quaker, I would feel gutted if they removed it. Its so fun.

Message 24 of 37 (555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What macro? You mean people press 1 button to do it all? XD

Message 25 of 37 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@GaidisLTU wrote:

If bhop dies I'll stop playing this. What apex lacked for me was some fun movement mechanics until i realised u could do this. And if its hidden - strap on a tutorial and there we go. Strafejumping and aircontronl in Quake was a bug initially but it came to define the series and spawned so many race maps and such. Let the game have character. I'm sure most of the people that have to try to do it and they fail often wish for it to be removed,however that doesn't mean the devs should appeal to people who whine of difficult game mechanics in a competetive (theres tournaments, so yeah I guess competetive) shooter.

Its really not that hard and its the most fun thing to do in game. At least for me.If removing bhop healing, then provide more lenience on bhop fighting or movement itself. More airaccell maybe.

I'm a big quake fan.  But in that game people are strafe jumping didn't undermine an intended nerf in place already.  Like intended slower movement when healing.  ALso in games like quake its the basic form of common movement.  Its constantly being done.

In apex legends,  the only time people are bhopping is when healing.  They aren't bhopping as movment all over the map.  The faster way to move is slide hopping,  which was intended.   You can't even call it bhopping since noone bhops in this game  otherwise.  It should be called  "Heal Hopping"... 

Message 26 of 37 (530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@GaidisLTU wrote:

What macro? You mean people press 1 button to do it all? XD

yes thats what macros mean.  You can macro anything like its a script.  This is such a cheater generation that macros are acceptable in gaming hardware, and  rpg games where you have to numerous button combos you can script to a single button.     People compare their "scripts"  and call how good they can script a macro a "skill".     It always fascinated me.   

Message 27 of 37 (529 Views)

★ Novice

Here’s the thing, newbies. bhopping has been in source games FOREVER. It’s literally became a legit part to all their games. It’s been an accepted mechanic for YEARS. Is bhopping op? No. It’s not. I only recently learned how to do it, but the situations that it’s honestly helpful in don’t cone around often. You have to remember you’re not invincible while bhopping. You can still get shot and die. I played this whole time the game came out and learned to bhop last week, yet I still managed to stay competitive while not knowing how to bhop. Now whatvthat says to me, is that implementing bhopping into my skill repertoire, didn’t give me an edge by any means. It’s mostly a quality of life improvement.

Also, really? Macroing bhops? You clearly are one of the people who can’t bhop if you think people are macroing it. People are just making secondary jump a scroll wheel to they get more and easier inputs on jump so it doesn’t have to be timed as perfect as hitting space.

It’s not overpowered, nobody is macroing it, people do practice it, bhopping is a skill, and if you wanted slow moving aim simulator go play kovaaks. But apex is a world of movement, as well as aim and if you can’t handle that, then just accept you’re not good at this game and stop trying to take the fun away from the people who took the time to practice and learn a skill that has existed in source engines for years and has been accepted in all other games as clever use of mechanics, not cheating. 

Message 28 of 37 (475 Views)

★ Novice

The comments are so telling. The people who practiced bhopping like it, and see the skill of it, and how that’s entertaining, and the people who can’t do it are mad cuz  bad. Honestly bhopping isn’t even that hard. 

Message 29 of 37 (474 Views)

★ Guide
its oke to Bhoping and healing. Just remove normal slow speed when healing so it fair
Message 30 of 37 (458 Views)