DONT REMOVE BHOP HEALING

by blaze036

Original Post

Re: DONT REMOVE BHOP HEALING

★★ Guide

It won't get taken off, simply because it's source engine, Bhopping has been a staple in Source since the beginning of time. Any attempt to take it out would probably ruin some other movement or speed mechanic and just make the overall game a lot more stiff. 

Secondly for the hemlock you can just bind your key to shoot on the mouse wheel (which is not a macro) it's just a button switch which allows you to scroll like crazy making it full auto. Not really anyway to patch this unless you take out the mouse wheel completely from the options menu. I mean you can patch out the macros and stuff but that's something that doesn't even need a macro to be functional. 

Either way doesn't matter to me what they "fix" or don't fix, I'm more concerned with the huge hacking epidemic now that public ones are available. HWID spoofing is pretty simple and so it's not stopping most of them. They should focus pretty much all extra resources into that department before even THINKING about fixing a simple bhop or bhop macro.

Message 11 of 37 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Spock1g wrote:

"It's abuse of broken game mechanics that should be fixed as soon as possible." - This mechanic came from the source engine and is not because of the game mechanics are broken. 

"It's just a crutch "technique" to learn for people who are too bad to play the game fair." - WELL thats funny because i can tell by your post i could destroy you in a FPS without having to bunny hop lmao love you.

"Also, people who abuse such broken mechanics generally don't even bother to practice it, they just make a macro for it." -THIS is the big one i wanted to comment on. the fact you think people dont bother to practice it is hysterical. it took me 3 months in counter strike source to even get the mechanics on how to bunny hop effectively to boost speed etc. secondly you cant just macro bunny hopping bro. 

it is NOT a bug or let alone a broken hidden mechanic. its called bhoping because its been around forever on the source engine. youre playing the source engine.

NOw with all that being said. I dont really care if they remove it or not. it is obvious they didnt plan this. but srsly it has to do with the engines movement etc they would hjave to decrease things they prob just cant(air gravity, air speed etc) so idk if i see this being fixed or removed anytime soon.

( Comment removed, lets not attack other players on the forum) - Atic 

Message 12 of 37 (883 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@VPPTrue wrote:

I seriously can't imagine having it in the game was an oversight by Respawn. They realized they were using the source engine, they had to have known about bhopping. I mean just look at Titanfall (some of you are forgetting that game even exists which is sad). The movement is very free in that game and there is even a Quake like obstacle course to test who can go the fastest. Bhopping, double jumping, wall running etc. I love slide hopping. If they remove it I'll probably end up quitting the game. Movement based mechanics are my thing and it's sad that people are so hung up on games feeling slow, clunky and "realistic". 

EDIT: Wow, apparently it actually was an oversight and they might actually remove it. Wow....that is seriously depressing. 

Devil

Message 13 of 37 (881 Views)

★★ Guide

The so called "skilled" players said the same thing abotu the animation canceling for peacekeeper then respawn removed it.yes rip your supposed skill haha

Message 14 of 37 (878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think they should take it away but I hear the way it's going to happen is a cancel on heal if u jump which is kinda * stupid 

Message 15 of 37 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It will be taken off in the next update. The ridiculous arguments that it is a Source game and Source games always had it, literally is laughable. We are not talking about other games or the past. We are talking about this game (a BR quite different from CS) and now.

It is a bug that breaks the game immersion and abuses mechanics that were put into place for a reason.

The reason you are slow when you heal is because you have to be punished for getting damaged so much and because you have to risk something, in this case your ability to disengage from a fight, in order to gain health/shields.

If it was an intended mechanic or a skill it would be included in the tutorial. Pretty sure it teaches you all about movement and aiming. It's not in there so it is a bug.

Also it does not seperate the bad palyers from the good. If anything it helps bad players (people with bad positioning, bad game sense, that are either overly aggressive or overly passive in the game) to get away from a fight and gives them a second chance, while it punishes people that are good and know when to engage.

Characters that are meant to be mobile already have mobility abilities and escape abilities in the game. With this bug everyone now has the ability to be fast and escape even though they shouldn't BY DESIGN.

Finally any idiot with single digit IQ can macro bind that "mechanic", how on earth is that skill or does that seperate good from bad players?

I know that 2 very big streamers shamelessly abuse this bug all the time without getting banned, but that does not make it ok or a feature, no matter how hard they abuse their presence in their platforms to portray it as such (mendokusaii on yt claiming it's a skill feature....).

If i cheat and have 24k viewers on Twitch and then claim cheating seperates bad players from good, should they allow cheating in the game? 100% it should be removed and it will be removed.

But if they want to keep it, then we will demand any time any character heals they automatically start bunny hopping and the user then chooses the direction of the strafe by using a and d. That would level the playing field right  1337 sk1ll3rz? I would love to see the faces when you have a bhopping Gibraltar that walks away from your fire only to ult you and your team in the face and you end up losing that fight. I bet that * is going to be hilarious.

Message 16 of 37 (780 Views)

★ Guide
Disagree. I fully support Respawn in removing the "b-hop" or "bunnyhop", it's cheesy as hell and only works because of unintentional behavior of a mouse scroll wheel input.

I don't need that to be a factor for me.
Message 17 of 37 (824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For those of you trying to defend bhopping as a "feature", I have three words for you...
CROSS PLATFORM PLAY

In order for cross platform to exist and be even remotely successful they will need to level the playing field.

(reduce hackers, and remove all bug exploits that are platform specific)

If it was a feature, there would be information given to players in the tips or training sections of the game lol.

For those of you saying you are going to quit if it's removed... Bye Felicia.

Message 18 of 37 (715 Views)

★★ Guide
That's the same boring response to overtuned weapons. Anyone can pick it up so therefore it's balanced and should be in the game. With that same logic by removing it everyone can't do it so what's the difference,other than removing something cheesy.
Message 19 of 37 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Why would you want cross platform play? I don't get the outcry from people...I get wanting to play with your friend but that's literally the only good reason. 

Time and time again cross platform was tested (in fps games) and time and time again it utterly failed. PC players just dominated. You can chalk it up to different mindsets, skills etc but what it really comes down to is superior equipment. A good PC is just so much better than a console. 144 hz, mouse and keyboard precision, great audio options....it's just not fair. I'm sure you're going to bring up fortnite, well PC players dominate there don't they. It's always the same they give crutches to console players or try to gimp PC players. 

As for the topic at hand. Regardless of what you guys are saying it IS a skill and it IS a fun feature. Try to learn it, it's way more fun than being glued to the ground.  "Breaks immersion" Huh? This is a fast paced arena style BR not some story driven single player game. This is competitive, or at least it can be. And gaining the upper hand through tactics and skills that the other player doesn't have mastered is fair play! It's not cheating either, every single player can do it. You could call it an exploit but the fact the devs missed this one boggles my mind. I thought the extremely slow movement (which I think ACTUALLY can break immersion) was encouragement to learn how to heal hop. I have no idea how they didn't catch it in testing if they really didn't want it in the game. They knew this was the source engine. 

I sometimes feel like a big ol' meanie in these forums but I swear it is the casual players with a low skill level complaining about this! Good players like this as a feature and want it in the game! Who cares if it was intended or not, if it's fun and it works then what a happy accident! Bhopping in general was an accident and people loved it so much they kept it in games! In fact, there are entire game modes in CS and other games entirely centered around bhop. 

It's actually depressing that they are planning to remove it. I have been pretty much enjoying the hell out of this game at a time where I thought there would never be another good fps again as the modern design mentality is just effing stale. 

Please Respawn, don't just cater to the lowest common denominator. Reconsider, this is just going to close the skill gap, lower the skill ceiling, and turn this game into another dull modern style shooter. 

@WutDuhFuh wrote:

For those of you trying to defend bhopping as a "feature", I have three words for you...
CROSS PLATFORM PLAY

In order for cross platform to exist and be even remotely successful they will need to level the playing field.

(reduce hackers, and remove all bug exploits that are platform specific)

If it was a feature, there would be information given to players in the tips or training sections of the game lol.

For those of you saying you are going to quit if it's removed... Bye Felicia.

Message 20 of 37 (706 Views)