Re: DONT REMOVE BHOP HEALING

by ViralBane

Original Post

DONT REMOVE BHOP HEALING

★★★★★ Novice

Removing this will do nothing but upset players, it's a skill anyone can do that gives good players an advantage over poor players and it's quite.

Message 1 of 37 (2,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It's abuse of broken game mechanics that should be fixed as soon as possible. And no, it's not a skill defining a good shooter player. It's just a crutch "technique" to learn for people who are too bad to play the game fair. Also, people who abuse such broken mechanics generally don't even bother to practice it, they just make a macro for it. NOT fixing it would definitely disappoint many players that believe in games without broken hidden "mechanics". A bug is never a "feature", no matter how much a developer may want to put it out that way.

Message 2 of 37 (2,839 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How on earth is it not fair? Anyone can do it, it's a different skill like other skills in the game.

There's nothing broken about it, and yes, good movement is a vital skill for a "good shooter player". You have no idea what you're talking about, sooking because you can't do it.

Message 3 of 37 (2,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It's broken, because it's not intended to work that way. It's a bug. Noone is going to "learn" a "mechanic" that's not just abusing a bug (so technically breaking ToS), but is also insanely stupid. I mean, if constantly jumping around, strafing and looking around for no reason at all, all at the same time is not stupid, then I really don't know what else to say...

Doing something like that doesn't bring satisfaction, it's just plain annoying. You would only "enjoy" getting the the undeserved edge to the point before everyone starts doing it and it becomes mandatory.

If moving always fast while healing was intended, then the devs can just increase movement speed while healing. But of course, that's not the case. Healing is a tactical maneuver and it has to have downsides and require some planning.

Message 4 of 37 (2,806 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm always astonished at some people's mentality that because you can do something that's cheating, then technically it's not cheating because you can do it...

I can cheat and it's your problem for not wanting to cheat also! It shouldn't stop me from trying to get an advantage over others by exploiting the game.

Really bizarre morals some people have in multi player games. Absolutely no thought for fellow players. From abusing mechanics, cheating on pc to quitting because things are not going your way...

Message 5 of 37 (2,801 Views)

★ Apprentice

"It's abuse of broken game mechanics that should be fixed as soon as possible." - This mechanic came from the source engine and is not because of the game mechanics are broken. 

"It's just a crutch "technique" to learn for people who are too bad to play the game fair." - WELL thats funny because i can tell by your post i could destroy you in a FPS without having to bunny hop lmao love you.

"Also, people who abuse such broken mechanics generally don't even bother to practice it, they just make a macro for it." -THIS is the big one i wanted to comment on. the fact you think people dont bother to practice it is hysterical. it took me 3 months in counter strike source to even get the mechanics on how to bunny hop effectively to boost speed etc. secondly you cant just macro bunny hopping bro. 

it is NOT a bug or let alone a broken hidden mechanic. its called bhoping because its been around forever on the source engine. youre playing the source engine.

NOw with all that being said. I dont really care if they remove it or not. it is obvious they didnt plan this. but srsly it has to do with the engines movement etc they would hjave to decrease things they prob just cant(air gravity, air speed etc) so idk if i see this being fixed or removed anytime soon.

Message 6 of 37 (2,771 Views)

★ Guide
It was a bug two and a half decades ago but players and developers embraced it now its a skill.

With that said I don't really care either way simply because in this game it has such a small impact it really is a non-issue IMO but as someone who thoroughly enjoys Quake I'm all for more skill based movement in games.
Message 7 of 37 (2,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I seriously can't imagine having it in the game was an oversight by Respawn. They realized they were using the source engine, they had to have known about bhopping. I mean just look at Titanfall (some of you are forgetting that game even exists which is sad). The movement is very free in that game and there is even a Quake like obstacle course to test who can go the fastest. Bhopping, double jumping, wall running etc. I love slide hopping. If they remove it I'll probably end up quitting the game. Movement based mechanics are my thing and it's sad that people are so hung up on games feeling slow, clunky and "realistic". 

EDIT: Wow, apparently it actually was an oversight and they might actually remove it. Wow....that is seriously depressing. 

Message 8 of 37 (2,710 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

The fluid movement is nice but I think it's the macro part that's pissing people off. Personally I think it's stupid, the macros. Like people who use them to use a full auto weapon as a single shot. In my eyes it's the same as cheating. The weapon is designed to be fully automatic with recoil. Yes it hits hard or hard-ish but the recoil is where it's balanced. If you can control it full barrage then you deserve to melt people, but if you use a macro to abuse it in a way that wasn't intended? I won't say they should be banned but something should definitely be done about it. If the weapon was intended to be single shot the select fire receiver would be available to it. Thankfully none of the full auto weapons have a drastic damage difference from other weapons but that could change with time. 

Message 9 of 37 (2,666 Views)

★ Guide

Place jump on the up and down scroll, pop a quick heal while scroll...  That isn't hard.  So this whole, "skill," thing...  It isn't skill.  It's almost like macroing. Some literally macro the jump and heal.

Anyway you look at it!  Jump healing doesn't take skill.  On top of that, it's abusing something that's broken.  We all know that.  It's like punching before hitting the ground and obtaining no slowdowns.  It's abusing something that's broke.

Sorry, but I believe it should be taken away.

blaze036

Message 10 of 37 (2,650 Views)