Re: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

by EA_Darko

Original Post

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

★★★ Newbie

Hi all, I am new to the origin community but recently made the purchase of the Sims 3 after deciding that I needed something to keep me occupied during Shelter in Place. I used to love playing the Sims 3 on cd roms way back in 2010. I found out I could purchase it and download it to my computer from this site and I was very excited. I read the conditions for operation and the game claims to be compatible with Macs running on newer software. This was NOT the case. I tried to download this game and the origin client about 4 times and each time I ended up more frustrated than the last. I searched all of the support forums on here, tried each proposed solution and STILL had no luck. I then purchased the Sims 4 thinking my operating software was too new for the Sims 3 and found that the Sims 4 worked, but the Sims 3 still would not even attempt to download to my computer. I was pretty bummed and was hoping I could get my refund for the Sims 3, considering I also purchased the Sims 4 which did work on my computer, however, after sitting on the sad excuse for a "customer support chat" for an entire HOUR, I got denied a refund due to the fact that I had not requested it in a "timely" manner. I read on the help page under the refunds topic that I could in fact request a refund if the game had yet to be launched and was done before 14 days. Well, it's only been about a week and I was denied my refund even though I hadn't actually launched the game. I am extremely upset by the fact that this company has a very poor refund policy and had I known prior that this was the case I would have never made any purchases through them. So, thank you very much Origin for wasting an entire hour of my life and for making this experience so terrible. 

Message 1 of 4 (343 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @kookykirra what is happening when you try to download The  Sims 3?

I tested just there in my own Origin and was able to download the Sims 3 without any issue so it could be a simple system issue that you are having.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (311 Views)

@EA_Darko  Sims 3 doesn't run in macOS Catalina.

@kookykirra  You can try using the automated refund method here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Just so you know, EA is planning to release a 64-bit version of Sims 3 for macOS at some point, although we don't yet know when.  Here's the original announcement:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

You can keep an eye on this thread for updates:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/td-p/8631090

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (294 Views)

Community Manager

I know that @puzzlezaddict, but as many Mac users are running older software I try not to make any assumptions when troubleshooting an issue such as this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)