Re: DIVE TRAILS NEED TO BE PERMANENT!

by Oyasumlpunpun

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@DarthValtrex They could give "grandfathered" players a skin for their deathbox, why not just give them something truly unique rather than screwing over the rest of the community that has to work twice as hard to get the thing they have and cant keep? 

Message 11 of 21 (911 Views)

Hero
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Sorry but when players drop 100 to 250 ish hours in a season with most likely 1-5k games played to earn this then yea they should not strip people.

Why did I as a season 3 pred get to keep my trail that i worked hard for? While people who worked just as hard for theirs are now stripped. That is the major flaw here. They want people to keep doing ranked to earn these rewards. Yet thats not what happens majority of the time.

First split they ride it out using their trail. They dont care about ranked anymore. Second split comes they re-grind their ranks just for a trail. This means they are not playing ranked because they enjoy competitive game-play. This means they do it for a trail and only a trail.

All those hours all those games to be stripped like you never obtained it at all. Who wants to drop loads of hours and time to have rewards stripped? What people you do see in ranked right now are people who buy from sites to earn them badges or kills or wins you see smurfs who boost their friends. You see cheaters out the yingyang. All this making ranked very toxic and not even worth the reward for a lot.

Ever notice how players with 50k + kills dont even touch ranked at all? My friend for example 90k kills on lifeline and not done ranked since season 4. There is no reward or desire they can offer for a big portion of players to make them want to play in such a toxic enviorment.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 21 (907 Views)

Hero

I will also add that the hours and games played to obtain these rewards are part-time to full-time job. Playing massive hours every day to get this. So them working nearly a job just to obtain a trail to be stripped is a slap in the face when we are who keep the game running we are who put in full time to part-time jobs for these rewards. But are we really rewarded if they are stripped? 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 21 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Oyasumlpunpun Oi, I don't want a different coloured deathbox!
Message 14 of 21 (900 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@apostolateofDOOM Even if its all shiny and lights up? what about some gold decals or a holographic added onto it? Idk, something unique for S1 and 2 players that people before cant get, they shouldnt be taking away dive trails from people though, at that point they should just stop making it a reward because of how poorly thought out that is. You work your * off for a reward only for it to be stripped from you. Its the main reward too, its not even like its the side things like the badge and the charm, not everyone will see that. however almost everyone will see your dive trail when you leave the plane, hear it even. 

Message 15 of 21 (894 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM Oyasum has a good point. What if the deathbox features decals that favor The Slayer!

xD
Message 16 of 21 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Oyasumlpunpun You could put a pyramid rising from the ground with my deathbox entombed inside that shines like the sun but it still wouldn't be a great flex to display if i'm dead. @Koochi-Q Now i'm questioning myself! Party hat

I agree trails should be permanent and they could give plenty more rewards to incentivise players but that likely won't happen unless players drop drastically that they struggle to support the mode and we'll likely only see minor tweaks in the future, like we just had.

@DarthValtrex I'll stick with the skins idea as visual is more reliable than audio here Tongue out but i would be happy with either. It would be great to show off but as you say also make you more visible so a double edged sword in that regard. I'd definitely use it though and imagine the happiness of those plat squads that had the crown jewels to challenge the raging inferno and actually win as it would be like beating that pred trail on drop but now it's a consistent challenge throughout the match.

Message 17 of 21 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

There is no point to playing rank if u dont get rewarded like trails for playing badges r fine trails is wat is important no one cares about charms

Message 18 of 21 (682 Views)

@Nilocke I play from the beginning and i know there was a glitch in season 1 or 2 that they pull out the internet cable and didnt lose the RP. And these * can have the dive trail forever? What a big joke. Thats a slap in the face for the grinders after season 2. That’s why im not playing ranked anymore. Not waisting my time on that *.
Message 19 of 21 (438 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@630c887e12d9d9181bd552d83b369b9a I don't think that season 3 dive trail is even something to show of with nowadays.
I have the diamond trail from that season and I stopped using it long time ago and only use the new ones so I don't think it's useful to talk about something that happened almost 3 years ago
Message 20 of 21 (408 Views)