Re: DID YOU ROBBED US

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

DID YOU ROBBED US

★★ Novice

ok we buy for and season pass and we still waiting for and DLC ??? so if you steal us so we can ask for a refund of the season pass ?

Message 1 of 8 (1,547 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @kamioss,

I moved your message in the English forum. There your message will have more visibility within the English community who will be able to answer to your question.

Have a nice day!

Charlie.png

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 2 of 8 (1,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kamioss Are you in the right subforum? Mass Effect Andromeda doesn't have a season pass and DLC was never promised.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Perhaps by "season pass" he meant Origin access. He may have bought a year's "pass" in order to play Mass Effect: Andromeda, and is now not satisfied with the game.

And DLC may not have been officially promised but it certainly is implied within the game itself. Either DLC or else another (5th) game in the series. Otherwise why leave so many loose ends and teasers about the Quarians, etc? The implication is definitely there that something.... more.... was coming our way. And now it isn't.

English may not be this fellow's strong suit but he has a legitimate right to be miffed.

Message 4 of 8 (1,270 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Arasteele;  "Miffed"?  Sure.  Same as the rest of the fanbase is "miffed".  But to select an inflammatory topic title and suggest that he was "robbed" is just juvenile.  And I will take everything said by him as the whinges of a child who didn't get an extra helping of dessert that was expected.

Message 5 of 8 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sure, that too is an understandable reaction ThandalNLyman. However, again, due to his obvious poor English, he may very well have reason for feeling "robbed" as he said. For all anyone knows at this point he's actually posted his anger in the wrong forum. Game companies and publishers like EA must surely by now realize how utterly frustrating it can be for us gamers sometimes when things aren't working or functionality on something they've made isn't as user friendly as the company thinks it is. If there's a hidden "no refund policy" added to the mix, well, that's a recipe for post like his.

I never like it when I see topic titles like "ripoff", "scam", or the like. But as a long-time business owner myself I also don't like seeing reps from gaming companies (or any company for that matter) dismissing someone's post because they "said it wrong". It's better to ask oneself what is the underlying message being conveyed? Because it's always more powerful of a response to set aside the insult and actually solve someones problem. I'm not saying every ultra snide or outright libelous post should be excused. Some really do cross the line, and game reps and execs are people too, I'm sure they have limits when it seems like they're being bombarded with hate. The solution is to always be professional. What's the problem. Solve it. And guess what? That person who posted the hate-complaint very often comes back in and apologizes, and is thankful for the help.

And again, in this case... language barrier. Don't dismiss, solve. It's just my recommendation here for what it's worth. People can disagree and argue with it if they want, but I think it's the better more productive way of handling these types of posts. For the record I do have many years of owning and running online forums of one type or another, as well as moderating several for other companies.Thus I know full well the thick skin one has to develop in order to effectively run a feedback driven operation such as this. Some days just aren't as easy as others. Cheers. (no mic drop)

Message 6 of 8 (1,218 Views)

Hero

This was posted in March and the original poster didn't come back after I tagged them. I'm not sure why this thread was revived.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 8 (1,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Arasteele; "Language barrier" is no excuse for deliberate fabrication and rudeness.  I have been the one who "didn't speak the language" (well) for two different extended periods in my life, in two different countries.  I know what a "language barrier" is, and it is incumbent upon the one unfamiliar with the language to go the extra distance to ensure accuracy.  Especially in an on-line setting where google translate is a click away and one obviously has the means to access it. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,176 Views)