Re: DICE abandoning 128p maps beyond S1?

by edgecrusherO0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DICE abandoning 128p maps beyond S1?

★★ Expert

Near the end IGN talks about new maps being made for 64p only...is this true?

If it's not y'all need to reach out to them to get a correction.

If it is true...when are y'all issuing refunds for abandoning the literal core selling point of 128p being almost completely abandoned/removed? 128p breakthrough is straight up gone, and newer maps will all be 64p only. I guess this is an easier solution when DICE is in way over their heads and struggling just to keep their heads above water, but this is a colossal disaster and embarrassment for DICE if it's true.

Message 1 of 24 (732 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for the feedback Since the Launch on map size and player count, recently with today's Patch there seems to be slight confusion around maps and player size going forward. I wanted to add a comment from the Community Managers around this. 

For clarification, you may have seen posts or videos along to lines of:

"Future #Battlefield2042 maps from Season 2 onwards will only support 64 players. 128 player support is being retained but only for the launch and Season 1 maps."

We have an official update on this and the plans for the future of map and player size herehttps://twitter.com/T0TALfps/status/1534239058314113027

For any up and coming changes/updates/patches I would recommend keeping an eye on the following sources:

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 10 of 24 (602 Views)

All Replies

@edgecrusherO0 128 was clearly a mistake.
Message 2 of 24 (727 Views)

★★ Expert
@UNL1M1T3D_P0W3R I mean, for the existing team maybe. But they committed to it and sold us the game based off 128p modes that they're abandoning in under a year.

Either I want my damned money back or I want DICE to hire competent enough designers to make maps that can be fun/engaging with that match size. That's what they sold us, I want the damned product they sold us even if it's otherwise underwhelming, disappointing, and seemingly left to the skeleton crew of interns to do live-ops.
Message 3 of 24 (720 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@edgecrusherO0 128 and Destruction lol.

All the content has already been created for this game. 3 more maps after the S1 one (all from the original S1 content) and that's it.

I am sure it will be down to C64 and BT64 by S2.
Message 4 of 24 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@UNL1M1T3D_P0W3ROf course it hasn't occurred to him that DICE has data that may suggest the 'the community' prefers 64 players, I know I do.

Edit: It may have occurred to him to be fair but because he wants 128, he'll ignore the possibility because it is what he wants.

Message 5 of 24 (667 Views)

★★ Expert
@Trokey66 DICE marketed this game on 128p. I bought this game for 128p breakthrough.

Why would current data be suggesting players prefer 64p? Possibly due to the lack of players to consistently fill 128p modes? Could it be due to terrible map design and layouts for 128p modes?

No, clearly not, I guess.

I paid for a game based off the premise of large-scale warfare with 128p modes. If DICE remove that then they've literally removed the main reason why I purchased the game. Which they've more than half accomplished by completely removing 128p breakthrough.

At least HZ still exists, even if DICE have said they're abandoning further development on it.

DICE just out there cutting support for content without committing to delivering more on what little content they are still supporting.
Message 6 of 24 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Also mentioned on XBox Wire:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/06/07/first-details-battlefield-2042-season-1-zero-hour/

"The most dramatic change will be the size of these battles. The team will be moving away from the 128-player game modes, electing to enhance the current maps and development of future maps for 64 players. The 128-player game modes will still be available on the original launch maps, but not on any future maps starting in Season 2."

So they are killing 128 after Season 1. Lovely. At least they are not being passive about killing the game off now.

Message 7 of 24 (632 Views)

★★★ Expert

Well now I official feel ripped off

Message 8 of 24 (627 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Expert

So...DICE says no more 128p in new maps via Xbox Wire - http://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/06/07/first-details-battlefield-2042-season-1-zero-hour/

Contradicting it on Twitter - https://twitter.com/T0TALfps/status/1534239058314113027

DICE, which is it? It's your blog post on Xbox Wire, why are you giving out contradictory information and not correcting the inaccuracies in the Xbox Wire post if this is actually true?

Message 9 of 24 (613 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for the feedback Since the Launch on map size and player count, recently with today's Patch there seems to be slight confusion around maps and player size going forward. I wanted to add a comment from the Community Managers around this. 

For clarification, you may have seen posts or videos along to lines of:

"Future #Battlefield2042 maps from Season 2 onwards will only support 64 players. 128 player support is being retained but only for the launch and Season 1 maps."

We have an official update on this and the plans for the future of map and player size herehttps://twitter.com/T0TALfps/status/1534239058314113027

For any up and coming changes/updates/patches I would recommend keeping an eye on the following sources:

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 24 (603 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help