Customized button layout Ps4 not able to ping on map Apex

by chopper1831

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Customized button layout Ps4 not able to ping on map Apex

★★★ Novice

When I use a customized button layout on the ps4 im not able to ping locations on the map. Able to ping everything but on the map. I dont know if thats just happening for me or if it happens to everyone that uses a customized layout.

Message 1 of 21 (2,285 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Customized button layout Ps4 not able to ping on map Apex

Community Manager

@chopper1831 wrote:

@EA_Kent 

Alot of people I have asked about this that also play on Ps4 say the same thing about the pinging on the map. They configure theyre button layout in the Playstation settings and have a standard layout in game. Which lets them ping on the map. Im trying that out now. But I mean it shouldnt have to be like that.

That's definitely a bit clunky. I'll forward the info we've got here up to the team. I appreciate all the details. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 21 (2,135 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @chopper1831

Does it matter which button you've assigned as your Ping? Have you tried changing it up to see if the same thing happens when you're using other buttons? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 21 (2,194 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

For me, I cannot ping item in the death box (my ping button is X).

Message 3 of 21 (2,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No does not matter which button you change to. As long as its customized it doesent work. @EA_Kent 

Message 4 of 21 (2,180 Views)

Community Manager

@chopper1831 

Got it, thanks for the info. It's only happening when you're trying to ping the map? You haven't noticed it with anything else? 

@asukojo 

You haven't been running into the same issue with pinging the map on your side? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 21 (2,176 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ping on Map is fine for me. 

Message 6 of 21 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent

Pinging on the map is the only thing affected by a custom button layout for me. Everything else works fine. Theres other problems but they come with the limitations of playing on a controller lol

@asukojo 

What do you ping with?

Message 7 of 21 (2,159 Views)

Community Manager

@asukojo 

Do you also play on PS4? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 21 (2,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Alot of people I have asked about this that also play on Ps4 say the same thing about the pinging on the map. They configure their button layout in the Playstation settings and have a standard layout in game. Which lets them ping on the map. Im trying that out now. But I mean it shouldnt have to be like that.

Message 9 of 21 (2,148 Views)

Community Manager

@chopper1831 wrote:

@EA_Kent 

Alot of people I have asked about this that also play on Ps4 say the same thing about the pinging on the map. They configure theyre button layout in the Playstation settings and have a standard layout in game. Which lets them ping on the map. Im trying that out now. But I mean it shouldnt have to be like that.

That's definitely a bit clunky. I'll forward the info we've got here up to the team. I appreciate all the details. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 21 (2,136 Views)