Re: Customized button layout Ps4 not able to ping on map Apex

by Anonymous

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@EA_Kent 

Hey, I reported this issue a couple of months ago when the ability to set custom keybinds was added to the game.

I already did the troubleshooting back then to find out what the issue is, the game switches back to default button layout in the game's various 2nd interfaces where different keybinds are used, such as the map, deathboxes, the health and ordnance wheel etc.

You can find my report here it also includes a followup reply from myself with an update on the issue after doing some in-game testing.

Hopefully that helps to resolve the nature of the issue, cheers. Standard smile 

Message 11 of 21 (1,954 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Kent  This's my PS4 custom setting.

I use X for ping. I can ping map fine by pressing X but cannot ping item on death box using X or any other buttons.

It's not game breaking for me but it just annoying since I can't tell good item to my team mate.

If QA can use same setting and try it out and let us know what button to use for my scenario or it's a valid bug.

Thanks

Message 12 of 21 (1,939 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Kent 

I cannot ping the map with customized ping button (X), I can ping map with "Default" button which is R1.

Somehow the map ping (for customize) is using default setting (R1), not customize one(X), I think that is the bug the dev need to fix.

Probably similiar issue with ping item on death box, I will test it out when get a chance.

Message 13 of 21 (1,918 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Kent 

Ping item on death box using R1 doesn't work for me. None of the buttons works for ping item on death box, I try all of them.

Message 14 of 21 (1,902 Views)

Anonymous
@EA_Kent possible that still has not been resolved?
Message 15 of 21 (1,683 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Anonymous They fixed the ping but broke picking item when using custom setting.

Message 16 of 21 (1,658 Views)

Anonymous
@asukojo Which one has been fixed? The one on the map?
Message 17 of 21 (1,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I just got back into the game, and remapped my ping to right d-pad. I haven't been able to ping anything on the map since. 

Message 18 of 21 (1,410 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Player_7mlrrcw6 I have L1 for crouch, R1 for the tactical and O for the ping. Can confirm it's still broken.
Message 19 of 21 (1,408 Views)

★ Novice
@Cheese9Man @EA_Kent somehow respawn hasn't fixed this yet. season 11. I would figure they would since console players make up a decent majority of players but I guess not. is it really that hard to fix?
Message 20 of 21 (1,003 Views)