Re: Customisable Controllers - NFS Heat

by RowAnomaly

Original Post

★ Guide
@Bullit010 So I know, I do have PC, and with the Elite Wireless 2 (and previous) the option to edit the buttons was available.
No one should have to buy an elite anything to change button orders...
I feel the arcadey, simplistic control of the game is why this was nixed at the jump...
Message 111 of 126 (2,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The control mapping is absolutely terrible. And having just found out you can't remap the controls to make manual gears actually usable, well, I have to wonder who thought this was a good design choice. It's not, it's dreadful. Since I'm only playing the trial of this game, through EA access which I shan't be renewing after this first month anyway, you really haven't done yourselves any favours whatsoever in convincing me to actually buy the game.

I'm not going to buy the game when the trial expires and if customisable control mapping isn't introduced into the game then I'm afraid I won't be buying it, period. 🤷‍♂️

Message 112 of 126 (2,221 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bought this on Steam... didn't race a thing since it won't work with a joystick controller.  

Returned.

Brain dead developer.

Message 113 of 126 (2,144 Views)

★★ Expert

@sViggy 

I agree as a life long player of the NFS franchise since the early 1990's this Heat game for Control Mapping is totally useless.

We just got the June 2020 update but no fix on this mapping for our controllers.

I just laughed when I read the full update thread for June 2020 and seen that Cross-play was added but the obvious issues not fixed still.

Well, I hope the next game will have this control Mapping issues addressed along with the other complaints Heat got since it hit the market day one.

The Heat game has been a total bust in sales and has received so many complaints EA has moved on and so did the Ghost Devs over to Criterion 

Here are the latest EA Stock values from Friday, June 19th, 2020.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ea/financials 

This says volumes about EA in their loss of sales for creating games that have been missing the features gamers expect day one when released.

Have a good day. 

Captured Picture

bandicam 2020-06-20 09-14-16-405.jpg

Message 114 of 126 (2,099 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA clearly doesn't read any of this. People shouldn't be requesting such basic features in 2020, especially if it was an option in earlier games - regardless of the studio that made it.

I've uninstalled this way before my 10 hour trial ended.

Message 115 of 126 (1,997 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@sViggy when i read this i thought it was my own post. couldn't agree more! this is exactly why i uninstalled the game before the trial ended too
Message 116 of 126 (1,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here... played 10 minutes, looked cool, but not being able to change mapping is just absurd, have no desire to continue with it. 

Message 117 of 126 (1,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We are almost in 2021 and it seems the problem isn’t fixed yet. I couldn’t play more than the first run. Awful non-customisable controllers and a weird drive style and gameplay. That’s why Forza is so much better than NFS. 

Message 118 of 126 (1,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wtfigor I did the same. It took me more times to download and installing the game rather than playing it.
Message 119 of 126 (1,433 Views)

★ Novice

Something so simple, yet a must for a racing game. Not surprised EA Fail to do the basics. How sad and disappointing that this wasn't dealt with post release.

Message 120 of 126 (1,195 Views)