Re: Customisable Controllers - NFS Heat

by KazeNoSokudo

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I only know how to do this for the PS4. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments. Hope this helps.

Message 81 of 126 (30,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@KazeNoSokudo that's a great tip, I honestly never knew that option existed. It doesn't solve my complete issue because you cannot change the steering.

Everyone else should check this out tho.

On your ps go to:

Settings, Acessibility, Button Assignment 

You can the remap most of your controller buttons to work in game you just cant change the steering but thos should solve some peoples issues on here.

Nice work :-)

Message 82 of 126 (30,199 Views)

★★ Guide

There is no Button Assignment in the Acessibility at least on the ps4

Message 83 of 126 (30,158 Views)

★★ Guide
@selticus1978 Sure there is, I'm sure the guy above didn't dream it up.
there's a similar function on the xbox, I've never done it but I know it's there. Seems like a hassle to remap every time I play a different game
Message 84 of 126 (30,156 Views)

★★ Guide

There is no Button Assignment in the Acessibility

Message 85 of 126 (30,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_David 

@EA_Barry 

Was so looking forward to this game, until i saw that i couldnt change the manual shift from their redicuous positions in L1 and R1, always play NFS with Triangle and Circle for shifting just like i did with Need for Speed 2015.

I took it straight back to the store for a refund. If you want my money back EA, i suggest you add control customising, but until then i wont buy it.

ps, explains why the game was suspiciously price reduced so quickly after release. down to under  $40.

Message 86 of 126 (30,119 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't blame anyone for taking the game back. I only use automatic. Specific functions get in the way which is a major no-no. Bad as it is that they refuse to let us map it to how we like. The photomode and horn also sucks because of their forced button layout. It is about having FULL control to match our style as everyone is different. Some want it on the thumbstick. Some want it on the face buttons. Or some want it some oddball way. I want it mapped like Forza and photomode and horn somewhere else or disabled. So if they ever decide to change it well the only was is leaving it up to us and not just have their own 2 or 3 more choices that would only please a certain amount of people.

We need someone that is passionate to work on these games. Who gave it the green light? Who tested it and not say a word? Who hired them? Who was in charge? Fire them. Screw whatever degree they received. It's just a piece of paper. They lack the passion and skill. Hell, they are getting paid for it too. SMH

This is only about the controller layout too. Pretty much every area in this game makes you think why the hell did they do that.

Message 87 of 126 (30,104 Views)

★ Guide

There is a button assignment in the settings menu on the ps4 as mentioned above you just cannot remap the steering buttons, check it out.

Message 88 of 126 (30,086 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@selticus1978 You are searching in the wrong place. PS4 Settings, not NFS Heat Settings. It's on the same column as Notifications, Friends, Trophies, etc.
Message 89 of 126 (30,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Your doing it in game, dont.

Exit the game and do it in the actual ps4 settings menu as explained above

Message 90 of 126 (30,086 Views)